No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems very conscious of being seen to do the right thing. I know that sounds cynical.

It could also be that he's so enamoured with the club and such a great bloke that that is just what he would do. Not re-signing now flies in the face of this however.

More likely is that he's leaving, feels bad about it because part of him would like to remain a one-club player, and therefore is doing every little thing he can this season to show respect to the club/his teammates.

I still think it's going to take a massive offer for him to leave. He is happy here but if the opportunity came to take a ridiculously large offer in Victoria he would take it.

I really don't think he would be unhappy to stay should we match an offer and if history tells us anything Geelong won't be going all out to get him.

Tom Hawkins remains unsigned, he won't leave but you'd think he is waiting for what happens off season. So therefore all those who aay a deal is already done and Danger is gone are mistaken IMO.

As I have posted more than a few times. It's clear Danger loves the club. It's obvious he has a lot of great mates - you only need to listen to his podcasts to hear the friendship with Lynch for eg. I get the feeling he also likes the Walsh overall thinking and plan.

Those things are in the plus column.

Are they enough to keep him? Who knows. Most people I think undervalue how important he holds such things - and thus assume he'll just go for the money or the home return.

I think he values them highly. I just don't know if they are enough to overcome the other side of the ledger (which may include the desires of people other than himself).
Apart from BF innuendo ......so we know for FACT there are other personal considerations?

Of course there is. He nominates who he's going to go to. He tells Connors to tell those clubs he won't be going there and that he'll sit out of football. What's Brisbane going to do? Draft a guy who's not going to play for them. Can't think of a time when that's ever happened.

Elite players like Dangerfield don't end up in the PSD. Tippett was the only one of note over the last dozen or so years....and he got to where he wanted no matter how much initial speculation there was from GWS that they would take him.

That is ass backwards.

Elite players don;t get there because clubs find an appropriate value for them and they move.

He WOULD be drafted. And he would play. And then they'd trade him after a year.

Gee.. We do have a lot of FIGJAMS on both sides of the fence, re Danger staying or leaving.
The thing is that, as things stand at the moment, nobody knows for sure. It is all speculations. All we can say is what we, as individuals, feel in our own gut.
The only thing we can / should do, is work out what we would like the club to do IF danger wants to go.
What I, personally, cannot believe, is the defeatist attitude of the people here that believe:- a) That there is nothing we can do if he wants to leave because the odds are against us to get anything but what ever comp the AFL decides to give us. b) We would cut off our own nose if we forced Paddy into the PSD.
c) We should not force a player to stay with us if he wants to go.
I don't know if Danger wants to go or not. What I do know, though, is that I don't give a flying f...k if Danger wants to go home 2-6 years before he can go home without any antagonism. If Danger owes us nothing, what the hell do we owe him?
If we are prepared to match any other deal that any other team offers him, then he should not entertain any idea of leaving the club. And if he acts anywhere near as much as Tippett did and states that he only wants to go to Geelong and try to force us to accept Geelong's under value trade, he can go to the PSD.

He seems very conscious of being seen to do the right thing. I know that sounds cynical.

It could also be that he's so enamoured with the club and such a great bloke that that is just what he would do. Not re-signing now flies in the face of this however.

More likely is that he's leaving, feels bad about it because part of him would like to remain a one-club player, and therefore is doing every little thing he can this season to show respect to the club/his teammates.
Was going to say the same thing. Id imagine that showing the public how committed to the club you are takes a degree of pressure off.

I wouldnt be reading too much into it.

I still think it's going to take a massive offer for him to leave. He is happy here but if the opportunity came to take a ridiculously large offer in Victoria he would take it.

I really don't think he would be unhappy to stay should we match an offer and if history tells us anything Geelong won't be going all out to get him.

Tom Hawkins remains unsigned, he won't leave but you'd think he is waiting for what happens off season. So therefore all those who aay a deal is already done and Danger is gone are mistaken IMO.
Seriously have you not read this thread or listened to anything Dangerfield has said :rolleyes:

THE LAST THING HE'LL DO IS LEAVE FOR MONEY ......can that be anymore plain

It's a lifestyle decision .....seriously why do people close their ears and go off on tangents

Geelong have said ...."we're not changing our TPP model for anyone including Dangerfield" ....do you not listen, or simply choose to ignore?

Seriously have you not read this thread or listened to anything Dangerfield has said :rolleyes:

It's a lifestyle decision .....seriously why do people close their ears and go off on tangents

Sounds like the Dangerfield camp have been quite successful with the 'not about money' propaganda.

Geelong have said ...."we're not changing our TPP model for anyone including Dangerfield" ....do you not listen, or simply choose to ignore?
I think it is more a case of "yeah, sure we all have seen clubs and players flip-flop when push comes to shove".

Easy to say it isn't about the money until the offer comes that is too good to refuse.
Easy to say "we have a pay structure and are sticking to it" until a player comes along that demands you break the structure.

Never say never. Until the signature is locked in, and you see the press conference don't discount anything !!

Sounds like the Dangerfield camp have been quite successful with the 'not about money' propaganda.
WD ....propaganda BS ....not everyone is money motivated

Depends on whether you believe what people say .....with his country and family background i have absolutely no reason to dis-believe what is important to Dangerfield ......Loyalty, Family, Sporting Success, Honesty ...that said IMO he's very stubborn on those principles

WD ....propaganda BS ....not everyone is money motivated

Depends on whether you believe what people say .....with his country and family background i have absolutely no reason to dis-believe what is important to Dangerfield ......Loyalty, Family, Sporting Success, Honesty ...that said IMO he's very stubborn on those principles
But ... Danger will be operating through his manager - admittedly under PD's instruction - but you can bet that ALL player manager's are always keeping one eye on the $$$

I think it is more a case of "yeah, sure we all have seen clubs and players flip-flop when push comes to shove".

Easy to say it isn't about the money until the offer comes that is too good to refuse.
Easy to say "we have a pay structure and are sticking to it" until a player comes along that demands you break the structure.

Never say never. Until the signature is locked in, and you see the press conference don't discount anything !!
Successful clubs stick to their principles .......the new AFC list manager has said " a club cannot pay a player a $1M a year contract and hope to be successful " ......this is supported by Hawthorn and Geelong openly

BTW how's Sydney going with the wash-out of their Buddy purchase .....lost 4 players ...more to get washed out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But ... Danger will be operating through his manager - admittedly under PD's instruction - but you can bet that ALL player manager's are always keeping one eye on the $$$
GUARANTEE .....Dangerfield has a strong personality .....he will dictate his wishes to Connors !!!!!!!!!!

See this to me screams that he's staying. If he was going why would he bother being at the SANFL and I don't think he'd have the balls to sit there with Phil and Fages if he or the club thought he'd be leaving. There'd be a level of awkwardness and tension. If he was leaving and the club knew about it, then there's also be some tension there or at the very least, there's no way Danger would be going to the SANFL if it was said that he's going. It's all a bit weird. On one hand he hasn't signed and appears to be in no hurry to, on the other hand he's goin the extra mile and hanging out with Phil and Fages at SANFL games.

If I was danger and I planned on leaving the club in 3 months then there's no way I'd be hanging out with the coach and CO and going to watch SANFL games. Id put in on game day but I wouldn't do all that extra commitment stuff. It'd be shallow and awkward knowing I'm out the door.

Maybe Danger and the club are waiting for all offers to come in to establish Paddys market value and then the club will match whatever it is? Maybe that's the deal with Paddy and Connors? Keep him but pay market value, he's not signing for unders. Although I would've thought offers would be on the table by now?
Come on mate, the guy was Captain last year!
Is in the leadership group and is one of our best leaders! He lives with a couple of youngsters and in a sense a sort of mentor to them! I'm sure he wasn't the only one in the leadership group who came to the game?
Why the * should we keep being the suckers in this comp while many stars are extending contracts years before they are due. If the guy really wants to stay he doesn't have to sign tomorrow all he has to do is at least give some sort of intent! Instead of the bullshit he has been saying about really not thinking about it.

Danger to stick it right up Geelong this weekend

hiRucYc.gif
Hope he gets to see this

He stuck around in Brisbane for the post game event, then comes back and goes to the SANFL game. Seems kinda odd.

At the very least it's gonna make it harder to hate him if he's playing in a different jumper next year.

He stuck around in Brisbane for the post game event, then comes back and goes to the SANFL game. Seems kinda odd.

At the very least it's gonna make it harder to hate him if he's playing in a different jumper next year.
Won't be that hard believe me, he will get his just deserts when he visits AO if he does in fact leave

Won't be that hard believe me, he will get his just deserts when he visits AO if he does in fact leave
Im not normally one who boos our players when they leave, Tippo aside if we ever get a chance but this has a smell about it.

He has done all the right things off field including being the face of the new schools program, itll be tough to take if and when he does leave. I do also wonder what his business partners will think ?? Of course he will still be able to be part of it but one can't help but think there will be 3 disappointed blokes who may feel slightly let down. The skipper especially.

Don't shoot the messenger and this may turn out as meaningless as my Clarkson prediction (though I was absolutely correct in what was said).

My 'connection' who is an odds calculator for a very large betting organisation, the same one who said big money on Clarkson joining the Crows was happening BEFORE he shortened from 30 to something like 8!

They are now telling me that money on Dangerfield leaving has almost completely dried up and him being at Adelaide next year is hotting up.

As I said the proviso is that this is based on gambling statistics and whatever knowledge is used for that and not info from his uncle, sister, lover etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back