Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons: Season 19 (congrats HawkPatrol, Deestroy Medallist!)

Remove this Banner Ad

The votes after round 12:
Rich (BB code):
HawkPatrol     35
cooney         25
lanky_wes      23
Smartys Power  20
Eth            14
Headless       12
deaneus        10
Footypie32      9
Smexxy23        6
tasmanlvr       5
LP04            5
Logger          4
stewie griffen  3
DEMON PRIDE     3
cats2rise       2
NM_Mitchell     2
raven echo      2

What did I say about HawkPatrol not polling any best on grounds? Five, four, three and five votes in the last four rounds propels him further away from cooney, who has leapt to second place. The consistent lanky_wes sits comfortably in third but backman Smartys Power isn't too far behind after a string of excellent games, polling 11 votes in three rounds.

Please beat deaneus! Please beat deaneus! Please beat deaneus!

crossingfingers_zpse97a454a.gif

01MainHeader.gif

Next up is the Mount Buller Demons' coaches award.

Eth: There were a number of candidates for this award, with a large number of consistently impressive contributors. Here to present the award is none other than Mount Buller coach Richard Cranium.

*Cranium enters the stage to a applause from most. Boos are heard from the general vicinity of the players' tables*

Eth: As Dick was decked by a Mount Buller Demons captain who shall remain unnamed and currently has his jaw wired shut, he will speak via this computer.

Cranium: Thanks Eth you scumbag. I am thoroughly disappointed by all of you but Eth said he would empty the mound of three-year-old tuna piled in the back of my office if I didn't read this out. So, the winner...

*Cranium opens the envelope, reads*

Cranium: *static* Panda? *Cranium's eyes bulge, his mouth twitches* There's a panda in here?!

*Cranium lets out a muffled scream, climbs off the stage, pulling the computer cord and tripping Eth, leaps over the tables, accidentally kicks Footypie32 in the face, lands in the blatant line of coke in front of deaneus, gets up and scrambles out of the building chased by both of them*

*Eth gets up* Eth: So, uhh, the winner, for his magnificent efforts late in the season...cats2rise!

*Rubs face* This award may come as a surprise to some, but I can tell you all, the work cats2rise has done behind the scenes since returning to the Demons has been nothing short of phenomenal. His enthusiasm for this club has been infectious (the good kind) and a model for all others. Well done, mate. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks! I have had a ball since I have returned. Great bunch of people and I look forward to next season. Hopefully a few names will join us in the off season and we can push on next year.

Big shout out to everyone for making me feel so welcome on my return!

01MainHeader.gif

The final votes...
Rich (BB code):
HawkPatrol      46
lanky_wes       32
cooney          25
Smartys Power   24
Eth             21
deaneus         17
Footypie32      15
Headless        13
Logger          10
Danger in Texas  6
Smexxy23         6
tasmanlvr        5
LP04             5
stewie griffen   3
raven echo       3
DEMON PRIDE      3
Vooligan         2
cats2rise        2
NM_Mitchell      2
Gonna be such a tight finish, think I might get pipped at the line though.
A tight finish it certainly wasn't...one of the best individual games in recent memory by HawkPatrol in our elimination final seals his first Deestroy Medal! Congratulations!

Oct 15, 2007
Lumbridge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton
Congratulations to all the winners, and to the team as a whole. History suggests that it's very difficult to back up from a premiership, but I like to think that we made a good account of ourselves.

It was a mixed season on a personal front. Yes my stats were good, but my posting input was sub par. Something I am always hoping to rectify.

Just a small acceptance speech from me. I'd like to thank my dealer for providing me with what is obviously the best stuff I've ever had. I'd like to thank the bunnies for their assistance in my post match recovery. But most of all I'd like to thank the Mt Buller club, for taking a chance two seasons back on a washed up old hack.

Here's to a big after party.

*The incumbent, Footypie32 walks on stage to hand over the medal, sobbing gently*

Congratulations HawkPatrol you had one hell of a season in the Ruck. That Elimination Final was one of the best individual performances I've seen on a Qooty field. Wear this with pride...

HawkPatrol

deestroymedal_zpsbf192424.png

Season 19 Deestroy Medallist

Even though I'm new and my dealer may or may not have provided me with a big load, congrats to HawkPatrol for winning the last Deestroy medal, before 5 straight victories, to yours truly;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back