List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would hate to see Henderson leave. i think hes played his best footy at CHB and thats were most of his time should be spent. Unfortunately we don't have the quality talls up forward. I think Yarran is our biggest trade asset which we could use. He is definitely A grade running off half back setting up plays but we need quality draft pick/players for the next few years.
If where talking hyptheticals i would be dealing with West Coast and GWS

1. Yarran for 1st rounder + Fraser Mcguiness
2. Yarran + player for 1st rounder + Cam Mccarthy (Preferred)
Fairness will obviously depend where the teams finish up for the season
Thoughts?
Maybe we should seriously look at trading Yarran for a high first-round pick and get someone with silky skills, ball handling and line-breaking speed. We really need one of the best talents we can lay our hands on in this draft. After say 3 to 5 years with a little bit of luck on our side, who knows, he might become as good as someone like ... like Yarran.

Last edited:
Hendos a leader, KPP coming into his prime. Must sign immediately. Leaving our forward line up to Jones, Casboult and Watson without a leader among them let alone not enough proven talent should be avoided at all costs. There is no point squabbling over 50-100k because you want a little extra buffer in the TPP. Youd be better keeping Hendo than making space to bring in a $1m free agent all day long.

Maybe we should seriously look at trading Yarran for a high first-round pick and get someone with silky skills, ball handling and line-breaking speed. We really need one of the best talents we can lay our hands on in this draft. After say 3 to 5 years with a little bit of luck on our side, who knows, he might become as good as someone like ... like Yarran.

What would you realistically expect yarran to get in regards to a draft pick. I wouldnt think clubs would part with a top 10

Supposedly with the clubs offer, they made a presentation outlining the direction of the club and how we intend to get back to the top to Hendo. It's now July (in 15 min) and he still hasn't signed. I reckon based on what I've heard from inside the club and what I've heard from other boarders here claiming to have inside info, that he is 100% gone.

Look on the upside, we get another first round pick :)

I think Henderson will stay and see who the coach is. I think Henderson is liking what he's seeing on how the club's playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That coach'd wanna move pretty dmn quick to lock him away cas there would be no time for Hendo to get any sense of the new coach before making a decision. Its a comment that actually makes me feel like hes gone. Marc Shmurf 3 said we were a long way off what other clubs were offering so all signs are we are in trouble here.

I just don't think he's lifted his intensity like the rest of the team. Seems to take half a game to get warmed up. Still drops marks that if he was a great forward he'd take. Has promised so much but at this point has delivered very little. And he's just as injury prone as Dixon. I say we cash in while we can and take a younger forward with more presence like Dixon.

Lol hendo has not the amount of injuries Dixon has had.

And well, I disagree about his intensity, his work rate and intensity is on par with the rest of the boys for mine.

I also think his marking has been pretty good in the situations I have seen him in, no worse than other key forwards. The only thing I'd say is maybe other elite forwards could maybe create more seperation between them and their direct opponent at times, but that's all.

Would hate to see Henderson leave. i think hes played his best footy at CHB and thats were most of his time should be spent. Unfortunately we don't have the quality talls up forward. I think Yarran is our biggest trade asset which we could use. He is definitely A grade running off half back setting up plays but we need quality draft pick/players for the next few years.
If where talking hyptheticals i would be dealing with West Coast and GWS

1. Yarran for 1st rounder + Fraser Mcguiness
2. Yarran + player for 1st rounder + Cam Mccarthy (Preferred)
Fairness will obviously depend where the teams finish up for the season
Thoughts?

With Boyd gone and Patton injured, gws would never let McCarthy go. Nor should they.

Looks like eagles will finish near the top, so the first round wouldn't be a great one. Not enough for this draft for mine. Mcgioness not even best 22

Kreuzer and Cam Wood stay. Warnock to be moved on and we pick up a project ruckman now in this draft cas itll take 2-3 years for them to come on at which point Wood will be 31 and Kreuzer 29.

Gotta say, we have got our moneys worth out of Wood. We are 5th for clearances this year and he was our sole ruckman for probably 10 of 13 games. Hes has been a soldier out there and probably had his best game for us last week IMO. Now thats hes not carrying the mantle alone he is being more impactful and his fitness will be way up from when he was doing all the work so he seems to have more ability to run and be a target or help out in defense.

Improved game plan had an effect to. A few times wood led up to half forward/wing , in a clear set play.

It's similar to what you see at hawthorn, they turn rejects like ceglar into decent players, just giving them a clear and simple role.

That coach'd wanna move pretty dmn quick to lock him away cas there would be no time for Hendo to get any sense of the new coach before making a decision. Its a comment that actually makes me feel like hes gone. Marc Shmurf 3 said we were a long way off what other clubs were offering so all signs are we are in trouble here.

Though he posted that quite a while ago, before the good recent run of form we have been having.

SOS has come out publicly about wanting to keep him and being confident about it with recent positive talks, so maybe we have realised his importance and bumped up his offer a bit.

Hendos a leader, KPP coming into his prime. Must sign immediately. Leaving our forward line up to Jones, Casboult and Watson without a leader among them let alone not enough proven talent should be avoided at all costs. There is no point squabbling over 50-100k because you want a little extra buffer in the TPP. Youd be better keeping Hendo than making space to bring in a $1m free agent all day long.

If it's an extra 150-200k what then?

If it's an extra 150-200k what then?
If we are that far away youd have to ask why we are under valuing him so much, or indeed why some other team is over valuing him. If someone is throwing crazy dollars at him and we are that far away then theres not much you can do. There has to be a sense of market worth though and then what price do you put on loyalty? What price do you add on for a player who knows the club, the system, the message and the playing list. All of that stuff needs to be retrained into someone knew if we are simply trying to save cap space for marquee player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back