Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons: Season 19 (congrats HawkPatrol, Deestroy Medallist!)

Remove this Banner Ad

So congratulations to HawkPatrol - that margin of victory is the biggest I can remember in a B&F we've held. We'll be cheering you on in the Mobbs, as you'll well and truly be close.

Well done lanky_wes and cooney for maintaining high levels of Qooty throughout the season, deservedly rewarded with top three finishes. And props to Smartys Power. Fourth in the B&F from centre half back, not an easy position in which to assert yourself, is outstanding - surely a cert for the All-SFA backline, but if not I can be very persuasive.

RO7NQVT.png

I think that's it for the decent Qooty players in the top five.

Well done deaneus for beating Footypie32, almost certainly sending him spiralling into self-loathing and coke. Nice work cats2rise for polling two votes in a rubbish on-field season.

Anyway, I'll finish the night with an announcement - this will be the end of my run as sole captain. It's been a terrific four seasons - four finals series and our first ever premiership, who could complain? - but it would be inconsiderate of me to hog the role. I'll be the first to admit I struggled a little this season and this man's been an outstanding help all the way.

I think it's only right to announce Footypie32 will join me as co-captain in Season 20. Absolutely a deserved and warranted promotion, so well done.

Congrats to the winners.

Still think I was robbed.

Congratulations to all the winners, and to the team as a whole. History suggests that it's very difficult to back up from a premiership, but I like to think that we made a good account of ourselves.

It was a mixed season on a personal front. Yes my stats were good, but my posting input was sub par. Something I am always hoping to rectify.

Just a small acceptance speech from me. I'd like to thank my dealer for providing me with what is obviously the best stuff I've ever had. I'd like to thank the bunnies for their assistance in my post match recovery. But most of all I'd like to thank the Mt Buller club, for taking a chance two seasons back on a washed up old hack.

Here's to a big after party.

Very similar for me, just minus the B&F :p

Congrats, mate :thumbsu:

So congratulations to HawkPatrol - that margin of victory is the biggest I can remember in a B&F we've held. We'll be cheering you on in the Mobbs, as you'll well and truly be close.

Well done lanky_wes and cooney for maintaining high levels of Qooty throughout the season, deservedly rewarded with top three finishes. And props to Smartys Power. Fourth in the B&F from centre half back, not an easy position in which to assert yourself, is outstanding - surely a cert for the All-SFA backline, but if not I can be very persuasive.

RO7NQVT.png

I think that's it for the decent Qooty players in the top five.

Well done deaneus for beating Footypie32, almost certainly sending him spiralling into self-loathing and coke. Nice work cats2rise for polling two votes in a rubbish on-field season.

Anyway, I'll finish the night with an announcement - this will be the end of my run as sole captain. It's been a terrific four seasons - four finals series and our first ever premiership, who could complain? - but it would be inconsiderate of me to hog the role. I'll be the first to admit I struggled a little this season and this man's been an outstanding help all the way.

I think it's only right to announce Footypie32 will join me as co-captain in Season 20. Absolutely a deserved and warranted promotion, so well done.

2012-09-22-ants.jpg

I, for one, welcome our new Footypie32 overlord

Round 7: Fighting Furies 14.7 (91) wdb Mount Buller Demons 15.16 (106)
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...ount-buller-demons-at-punt-road-oval.1090947/

Inaccuracy prevented a bigger win but nonetheless an impressive performance over the Furies. Plenty of players found plenty of the ball in a significant improvement over the previous week, with Footypie32 and lanky_wes leading the way with 30 touches each.

5 - Footypie32
4 - HawkPatrol
3 - tasmanlvr
2 - NM_Mitchell
1 - lanky_wes
I can't believe i've been invited to attend this glamorous event, even polling after an early departure, so thank you Demons, for your welcoming of a lost snow devil.

On another note, I can't believe the nerve of Eth here, to tag me in here, AND STILL NOT HAVE MY ****ING MONEY!
When do I get paid?
I believe my contract also involved an extra million dollars per Deestroy medal vote that I polled, just putting that out there.

I can't believe i've been invited to attend this glamorous event, even polling after an early departure, so thank you Demons, for your welcoming of a lost snow devil.

On another note, I can't believe the nerve of Eth here, to tag me in here, AND STILL NOT HAVE MY ****ING MONEY!
When do I get paid?
I believe my contract also involved an extra million dollars per Deestroy medal vote that I polled, just putting that out there.
Damn it, why didn't I think of that? I could have rigged the count and pocketed a cool $80 million... :(

When I walked into this club 4 seasons ago after Eth begged and pleaded me to join (I have the PMs, don't deny it), I never would have thought in my wildest dreams I would one day be a captain. It's with great honour that I accept this position and only hope that I can maintain the high standards that Eth has set. Teams don't last 19 seasons in a fantasy footy competition unless they have a great culture, underpinned by even better players.

I would like to congratulate all the winners of tonight's awards. We also need to thank Eth for his efforts in putting this evening together. Much of his work behind the scenes goes unnoticed. To quote Futurama : "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

Now enough of that, LETS GET MESSY!!!!

nHyjdUb.gif

Congrats HawkPatrol on a much deserved award. Your season was probably one of the most complete onfield performances in recent history, and should be rewarded come Mobbs medal time.

Thanks for all the effort you have put in this year, as well as the pervious three Eth . No doubt there is a lot of effort that goes into captaining a club and you have done it to such a high standard.

I was going to finish by saying the real loser out of tonight was footy(pie32), but after Eth's announcement, I'm not going to say that at all.

Well done Footypie32 on your elevation to co-captain, thoroughly deserved. Our qooty club is in good hands.

Finally, congrats to Wise Guy Sam on finishing second in the Mount Buller B&F (surely you won't get a better offer from another team than that)!

GIF-bothered-disturbed-facepalm-frustrated-Louie-CK-upset-GIF.gif

Also, massive shout out to eth. The work he has done as sole captain cannot go unnoticed. He has done a massive job and should be applauded by the wider SFA. I think he would be the longest serving sole captain in SFA history? If not, it would be close.

In saying that, bugger off you old codger. footypie knows how the youngens go about their business!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, massive shout out to eth. The work he has done as sole captain cannot go unnoticed. He has done a massive job and should be applauded by the wider SFA. I think he would be the longest serving sole captain in SFA history? If not, it would be close.

In saying that, bugger off you old codger. footypie knows how the youngens go about their business!
Ha, cheers. Ljp (probably) holds that record but I think four seasons is the longest the club's gone without a captaincy change.

I'll announce the rest of the LG at a later date.

Sorry I missed out lads, life is a mess at the moment and I've been busy. Congrats to all the winners!
Hope all will be fine soon, coons!

Big congrats to HP on the B&F win, well deserved! Great work on the awards as always Eth, you are really a great captain. I'm absolutely sure Footypie will be as well.

Oh, crowy joined?

*faints in delight*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back