Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 guys under 50 games vs Hawthorn. How many did you want in there?
as i said above ( edited ) 1993 was a young team an we still won the premiership , Cooney was a Dud Pickup, ( Hawkes got a Dud in Cam Bruce. ) but hirdy needs to learn an so far i dont think he has

as i said above ( edited ) 1993 was a young team an we still won the premiership , Cooney was a Dud Pickup, ( Hawkes got a Dud in Cam Bruce. ) but hirdy needs to learn an so far i dont think he has
I don't see how an Essendon team from over 20 years ago has any relevance. Fact is he is giving the kids games, whether you want to believe it or not.

I don't see how an Essendon team from over 20 years ago has any relevance. Fact is he is giving the kids games, whether you want to believe it or not.
the lack of kids. i used to think Matty Knights was crap but he gave Kids the chance, Hirdy so far hasnt. i look at Joel Selwood, he needs a rest, so does bloody Jobe watson, i see so many times from people , play Lavrde or Giles, but yet we play old aged slow players, an ya wonder wehy we are coping s**t in the media. give me a break

the lack of kids. i used to think Matty Knights was crap but he gave Kids the chance, Hirdy so far hasnt. i look at Joel Selwood, he needs a rest, so does bloody Jobe watson, i see so many times from people , play Lavrde or Giles, but yet we play old aged slow players, an ya wonder wehy we are coping s**t in the media. give me a break
Laverde not ready.

the lack of kids. i used to think Matty Knights was crap but he gave Kids the chance, Hirdy so far hasnt. i look at Joel Selwood, he needs a rest, so does bloody Jobe watson
Which kids that have earned a game haven't been given one? Perhaps Browne has had some good VFL form, but all the others have had a go. Browne and maybe Laverde would be next in line. Then some of Obrien, Edwards, J Merrett, Kav, Gleeson will miss out.

Which kids that have earned a game haven't been given one? Perhaps Browne has had some good VFL form, but all the others have had a go. Browne and maybe Laverde would be next in line. Then some of Obrien, Edwards, J Merrett, Kav, Gleeson will miss out.
as this is just a Discussion forum im not gonna get into a heated debate abut it. its time Hirdy starts rebuilding an play the kids, as Sheedy has said, only way your gonna findout if the kids are AFL players an thats to play them.

This is good. Put this up along side all of the other points of comparison between the eras.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looked pretty decent on the weekend. I reckon he may get a game or two soon.

He looks a physical specimen and if we can't develop this kid into a real player then we might as well shut up shop.

Saw a bit of the 3rd qrt the kid looks super trim and ripped you can tell hes going to be something special looks like a footballer.

Laverde is pretty skinny at the moment has that great body to build with. But looking at the rest of our juniors he will Probaly stay that size lol. Makes me sad looking at someone like Cripps from Carlton: he is pretty big already looks like he will be huge by his peak. Probably a natural thing as well as hitting the gym over the last few years. But I just wish some of our juniors could bulk up

Laverde is pretty skinny at the moment has that great body to build with. But looking at the rest of our juniors he will Probaly stay that size lol. Makes me sad looking at someone like Cripps from Carlton: he is pretty big already looks like he will be huge by his peak. Probably a natural thing as well as hitting the gym over the last few years. But I just wish some of our juniors could bulk up
He's not that skinny, imo. This was taken pre season and as you can see, Heppell is envious of that rig.
97425_8f617defdaf0a4b8237273829cd687e0.jpg

He's not that skinny, imo. This was taken pre season and as you can see, Heppell is envious of that rig.
97425_8f617defdaf0a4b8237273829cd687e0.jpg

Very similar size to Hep. I reckon he has room to put on almost 10kg of muscle. With a body like that at 19 he could really bulk up. Will be far bigger then hep. Heppel was used as a back in his first year. So if Laverde plays. Hopefully he Plays forward or wing and doesn't have to try win a lot of the footy in the midfield. I don't mind how many game he plays this year. Defiantly a guy that I can see have a Cripps like second year

Keep in mind he Laverde was that weight and size in the TAC. So he probably needs abit gym work to adjust to AFL level

Noob question: what was he drafted to become? Forward or mid?

Sorry getting way to off topics...

Would anyone be keen on Tom Hickey from the Saints? Fan believe he could seek a trade. Personally I think he would cast a lot more then what he is work

Harry Cunningham is one the. Interest me. I don't think he would leave. But we need sorts like him. Aylett isn't good enough.

Any chance the club would rookie an American ruck? Free pick up for a guy who is 204cms+ and can run and jump like a small. Something to think about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back