News Jonathon Ceglar: Signs a two year deal until the end of 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Great signing by the club. When they drafted Ceglar in the 2012 rookie draft, he was seen as a long-term prospect. He's come on a lot quicker then most would've anticipated. Only played the two games in 2013 but last season emerged in the ruck and has taken that good form and carried it into this year. Since Round 10 last year he's played 25/28 games and has established himself as the clubs first choice ruckman.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2015-07-01/two-more-years-for-ceglar

Last edited:

Great news. Been terrific this year and has a promising future. Only 24, he could become one of the premier rucks in the game.

I think it was Monkey who worked with him after the Pies delisted him and just about demanded that Graham Wright picked him up in the rookie draft a few years ago.

Got to love the timing of the announcement too, just two days out from playing against his old mob who discarded him.

how is it we're so successfull with these 'rejects'

i reckon we extend wrighty another 10 years.

Has improved every year on the list. I hope he continues to takes shots on goal. Still needs to get more belief but has all the tools to play a lot of good footy for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that impresses me most about Jon is his ability to find space and spread to open space

Seems to out run his opponent a fair bit and is deceptively quick

Wonder what the Saints would give us if we traded BB back to them? :D

Congrats to Cegs. Worthy of the extension IMO.

Well done Cegs! Really lucky to have him playing for us and is really making the most of his chance.

Great mark, great around the ground, but as we would all agree let's hope his kicking improves (I'm sure it will) ;)

He's come a long way, especially considering he had vritually no ruck training when he came to us. Can really see him blossoming over the next few years.

Hale is gone next year - McEvoy is not done yet.
Yeah BB will be the number 2, I think Cegs' o/head marking is better than BB's. Our forward line will suffer when Hale's missing.

Yeah BB will be the number 2, I think Cegs' o/head marking is better than BB's. Our forward line will suffer when Hale's missing.

That is a bizarre thing about McEvoy - his overhead marking was meant to be the strongest part of his game. Maybe he was only good at the Saints in the backline with the whole game ahead of him, but he has not excelled at the Hawks with it.

I am loving Ceglar - he is building every game. Pies fans think they have a massive advantage this week - good luck with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back