Strategy Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Roughead is the main backup to Minson. T.Boyd will also spend some time in the ruck, but it's obviously not his favoured position.

Cordy's been solid in the VFL lately, but probably won't get called up. Campbell hasn't looked like playing a senior game this year.
Cordy wasn't solid last weekend ..... He hardly had a touch. His biggest problem is that he can't actually ruck ...... he just gets pushed out of the way.

Yep can definitely agree here - our midfield lacks 'star' names when you take out Judd and Gibbs, but the rest who line up aren't horrible. With Kreuzer, Cripps, Murphy, Carrazzo, Bell, Graham, Curnow and now maybe Boekhorst / Holman in there, we have a good mix of run and grunt happening. The young guys are playing above their station too, which is great for confidence levels. Reckon we will take it up to you guys but might get done for class and speed in the end.
Sometimes big names just don't work as hard as guys looking to make a name for themselves. We've seen a lot of that first hand this year with serious addition by subtraction. Cooney, Higgins and Griffen disappear, and the midfield is suddenly working very very hard both ways.

Sometimes big names just don't work as hard as guys looking to make a name for themselves. We've seen a lot of that first hand this year with serious addition by subtraction. Cooney, Higgins and Griffen disappear, and the midfield is suddenly working very very hard both ways.
Yeah very true - new people can bring different attitudes and change the cohesion completely, sometimes fixing something that was stale. For our blokes, having Cripps beast it with contested ball, and also now Graham showing us what we all thought he was capable of with good ball use and tackling pressure. Now our midfield is smashing it at stoppages and we do the 'blind bomb' forward to a turnover far less, too.

Still coming 16th on the ladder but geez, we like what we see for a change lol.

Cordy wasn't solid last weekend ..... He hardly had a touch. His biggest problem is that he can't actually ruck ...... he just gets pushed out of the way.
Fair enough, his 6 goal game was fresh in my memory haha. But you are right

Yeah very true - new people can bring different attitudes and change the cohesion completely, sometimes fixing something that was stale. For our blokes, having Cripps beast it with contested ball, and also now Graham showing us what we all thought he was capable of with good ball use and tackling pressure. Now our midfield is smashing it at stoppages and we do the 'blind bomb' forward to a turnover far less, too.

Still coming 16th on the ladder but geez, we like what we see for a change lol.

Been saying it for a long time , as great a player Judd was , there was not a lot of pressure from him if the ball was in opposition hands .
The last couple of years there was not a lot tackling or chasing. With Gibbs and Murphy a little similar , most of Carltons problems started right there. There has to be pressure from nearly all the midfielders the way footy is played these days.
You blokes will give our side more than a run for our money now .
Wish we could have played you a month ago. :(

Been saying it for a long time , as great a player Judd was , there was not a lot of pressure from him if the ball was in opposition hands .
The last couple of years there was not a lot tackling or chasing. With Gibbs and Murphy a little similar , most of Carltons problems started right there. There has to be pressure from nearly all the midfielders the way footy is played these days.
You blokes will give our side more than a run for our money now .
Wish we could have played you a month ago. :(
Piggybacking on this point to make a different one, but this is why I'm certain Bontempelli will be a superstar. Does all the defensive stuff as well - defensive running, lays tackles at the stoppages (two consecutive 10 tackle games to begin the year) and uses his height and long reach to pressure the opposition.

Drunk as * and its 3.20 in France right now but I have to say that we're ******* awesome and if we win we make the 8 and thank * for auto correct. Doesnt matter what changes we mske as long ax im overseaz we win so le6s just destroy ca4lton and thwn finals and then premiersjipd cant ******* wait grt pumped bois

Drunk as **** and its 3.20 in France right now but I have to say that we're ******* awesome and if we win we make the 8 and thank **** for auto correct. Doesnt matter what changes we mske as long ax im overseaz we win so le6s just destroy ca4lton and thwn finals and then premiersjipd cant ******* wait grt pumped bois
shia.jpg

Drunk as **** and its 3.20 in France right now but I have to say that we're ******* awesome and if we win we make the 8 and thank **** for auto correct. Doesnt matter what changes we mske as long ax im overseaz we win so le6s just destroy ca4lton and thwn finals and then premiersjipd cant ******* wait grt pumped bois

POTY?

edit: John you're not one of Libba's mates are you?

Last edited:
This post made me smile.
I was watching the second half of our Saints game on a small screen with no sound in a bar on Gili Trawangan and was cheering as loud as I could, sitting next to a bloke who was a Tigers fan I had a beer with after he was celebrating his win.
Bulldogs winning watching on a holiday is fantastic.

I reckon Bevo loves a bit of ol' tradition and he will be hammering home the importance of winning for Boyd.

The club has had a lot of change in recent years (good and bad) but he has been a constant throughout it all and is playing almost career best footy.

The boys would not want to let this slip and I reckon they will be hungry for Blue Blood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This post made me smile.
I was watching the second half of our Saints game on a small screen with no sound in a bar on Gili Trawangan and was cheering as loud as I could, sitting next to a bloke who was a Tigers fan I had a beer with after he was celebrating his win.
Bulldogs winning watching on a holiday is fantastic.

I was in Japan with my phone on the afl.com site

Disappointed about Toyd but he's a long term champ for us so if he needs a rest or has any niggles all good. Happy for big Jack to get another go, big task ahead being the big key forward solo this week though. Good to see Honey back too, will see our forward 50 pressure rise and that's when we are at our best. Can't wait for Daniel to show everyone what he's got! Webb has been a little flat of late, he'll dominate the twos no doubt! And Dale for his size was amazing, he knows he can cut it and knows when he gets some size he could cause some real damage. Really pleased with their performances but I'm happy to be playing the two kids.
Wow the Blues outs! They are huge losses for them, no excuses at all this week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back