News Baby steps and big strides: how Collingwood's Jarrod Witts proved doubters wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Article needs a good editor to tighten up flow and expression at points. Witts and Grundy certainly aren't your classic (dumb) ruckmen are they?

The mention of him playing the trumpet got me briefly and weirdly excited. Think i just liked the idea of a 7 foot tall ruckman busting out some smooth jazz in his down time. Disappointing he gave it away.

Liked reading about which boys like cricket too.

How can a giant take baby steps?
279242-156818-baby-huey.jpg

When Wittsy walks, the ground shakes.

Seriously, I saw his first tentative games for us in 2011. He was the NSW scholarship kid, and had a couple of runs in the VFL. Looked like a giraffe, with a Pies jumper on.

My memory of him consoled me at the wake I attended following our GF loss. With a bunch of Pies fans, all looking downcast and depressed, I asked who amongst them had heard of Jarrod Witts? Some of them even sparked up a bit after that.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Article needs a good editor to tighten up flow and expression at points. Witts and Grundy certainly aren't your classic (dumb) ruckmen are they?

The mention of him playing the trumpet got me briefly and weirdly excited. Think i just liked the idea of a 7 foot tall ruckman busting out some smooth jazz in his down time. Disappointing he gave it away.

Should start a jazz band with will minson

It's ok I knew.
I haven't read the article by the way - will now though!
Cheers, I like Witts and if I didn't love the Caff a little bit more would have him on my sig. But then might not given his name comes up when talking trades.:(

Cheers, I like Witts and if I didn't love the Caff a little bit more would have him on my sig. But then might not given his name comes up when talking trades.:(
There's no way we should trade him, we need both of them.
The peanuts who wantt to trade him just need to imagine where we'd be last week if we didn't have him and Grundy out injured.
Great article too, makes me think he's a keeper even more.

There's no way we should trade him, we need both of them.
The peanuts who wantt to trade him just need to imagine where we'd be last week if we didn't have him and Grundy out injured.
Great article too, makes me think he's a keeper even more.
I am not so sure you can/should carry two quality first rucks who aren't viable KP forwards on a list. If we could get a really good trade for Whitts from GWS for instance we should seriously consider it. Where we would have been last week is a function of exiting the likes of Ceglar or even Wood. Whits could have real currency though and the reality is only good players have good currency. It just happens that we have two promising up and coming ruckmen. I'd definitely consider a trade - for the right price and then bring in a FA option.

I am not so sure you can/should carry two quality first rucks who aren't viable KP forwards on a list. If we could get a really good trade for Whitts from GWS for instance we should seriously consider it. Where we would have been last week is a function of exiting the likes of Ceglar or even Wood. Whits could have real currency though and the reality is only good players have good currency. It just happens that we have two promising up and coming ruckmen. I'd definitely consider a trade - for the right price and then bring in a FA option.

You don't really have your Whitts/Whits/Witts/wits about you today do you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back