Season 2015..

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I cant speak for Frankie, but it seems he was complimenting the club for their performance with a list that on paper seems weaker then in the past.
My view is that the compliments will dry up in the following weeks. After a sloppy and somewhat lucky win last week, four-five loses in a row looking to be more then likely outcome with the draw they have.

I thought exactly the same as you did.

Oct 7, 2009
The Y Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well, well, well, made the trek over the causeway to Foreign Legion Park expecting a good close tussle, as a hoppers supporter walked away thinking there's still plenty of work to be done before we can compete with the big boys. Regardless of the previous weeks matches, we are the best of the rest, but 5th is as good as we'll do this season i feel.
North's issue at the moment appears to be their depth, losing 2 key players before the match really hurt them, i don't think the result would have been any different, as raiders were dominant for most the match. Most of the top clubs have a seconds side made up of some quality youngsters, ours are already playing one's, so it doesn't leave much to call on when needed. I know this season is far from over, but a big key forward and a gun midfielder should be on the agenda, quality ruck back up for Elias wouldn't hurt either, absolutely smashed by the Hetas' yesterday.
As for raiders, wow not the same side as seen earlier in the year, if it all clicks, could do some damage come finals time, Proud slotted straight in and assumed the job as general down back, looked like he'd been with the club all season.
Only down side for raiders was the nasty incident in the second half, no report as umpires didn't seem to see it, but i and others did and will be surprised if it doesn't result in a couple of weeks off for one of there young guns.

head16

Team Captain
Apr 15, 2008
LPO
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What stage of the second half? I'll have at look and see if the vision shows anything.

Mr Frank L

Rookie
Jun 1, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Well, well, well, made the trek over the causeway to Foreign Legion Park expecting a good close tussle, as a hoppers supporter walked away thinking there's still plenty of work to be done before we can compete with the big boys. Regardless of the previous weeks matches, we are the best of the rest, but 5th is as good as we'll do this season i feel.
North's issue at the moment appears to be their depth, losing 2 key players before the match really hurt them, i don't think the result would have been any different, as raiders were dominant for most the match. Most of the top clubs have a seconds side made up of some quality youngsters, ours are already playing one's, so it doesn't leave much to call on when needed. I know this season is far from over, but a big key forward and a gun midfielder should be on the agenda, quality ruck back up for Elias wouldn't hurt either, absolutely smashed by the Hetas' yesterday.
As for raiders, wow not the same side as seen earlier in the year, if it all clicks, could do some damage come finals time, Proud slotted straight in and assumed the job as general down back, looked like he'd been with the club all season.
Only down side for raiders was the nasty incident in the second half, no report as umpires didn't seem to see it, but i and others did and will be surprised if it doesn't result in a couple of weeks off for one of there young guns.
Quiet simply a fizz this game. One team turned up and the other didn't. I think the fact their coach is missing doesn't help. At the end of the day he is the brains of the operation. The hoppers didn't give effort. They were second to the ball all day. Didnt work hard enough on defence. Poor decision making hurt they just wern't on. Raiders had the match on their terms and north did nothing to wrestle the momentum back. They are a young side and to have a bad day like that doesn't surprise me. Some would say that performance has been coming. It probably has. Look at the bright side we aren't pulling players in from all across the country, players that won't be at our club in the next 2 years. We play our locals. We don't fly blokes in cause the coach has no faith in the guys in the reserves, which I find silly as they had some good players in their reserves. They would smash the points system if it were in place. Good on them for having a go and time will tell if what they are doing is sustainable. As a hopper Whereitallbegan don't be to disheartened remember where the club was 18 months ago?

Oct 7, 2009
The Y Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Quiet simply a fizz this game. One team turned up and the other didn't. I think the fact their coach is missing doesn't help. At the end of the day he is the brains of the operation. The hoppers didn't give effort. They were second to the ball all day. Didnt work hard enough on defence. Poor decision making hurt they just wern't on. Raiders had the match on their terms and north did nothing to wrestle the momentum back. They are a young side and to have a bad day like that doesn't surprise me. Some would say that performance has been coming. It probably has. Look at the bright side we aren't pulling players in from all across the country, players that won't be at our club in the next 2 years. We play our locals. We don't fly blokes in cause the coach has no faith in the guys in the reserves, which I find silly as they had some good players in their reserves. They would smash the points system if it were in place. Good on them for having a go and time will tell if what they are doing is sustainable. As a hopper Whereitallbegan don't be to disheartened remember where the club was 18 months ago?
Not disheartened Mr F, so long as aker pin-points the weaknesses and acts on them for next season and i'm sure he will, still plenty of good signs for the finals yet, but we'll need to be at the top of our game with everyone onboard, can't afford any passengers.
As for the points system, i've got some pretty good intel on this, and yes they would smash it, with only the tigers in front of them and it's a close call. Hoppers quite a way down the list. But at the moment, the rating system isn't a perfect science.

Mr Frank L

Rookie
Jun 1, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Not disheartened Mr F, so long as aker pin-points the weaknesses and acts on them for next season and i'm sure he will, still plenty of good signs for the finals yet, but we'll need to be at the top of our game with everyone onboard, can't afford any passengers.
As for the points system, i've got some pretty good intel on this, and yes they would smash it, with only the tigers in front of them and it's a close call. Hoppers quite a way down the list. But at the moment, the rating system isn't a perfect science.
They are in a building faze. Getting games into youngsters so the fact they are were they are is just a bonus. Aker drives high standards obviously and they are were they are because of that. They add where they have to next season with the kind of recruiting they did this season and they will be in a very healthy position moving forward

CHUCKY4

Senior List
Aug 5, 2007
Thurgoona
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Balldale Magpies
Look at the bright side we aren't pulling players in from all across the country, players that won't be at our club in the next 2 years. We play our locals. We don't fly blokes in cause the coach has no faith in the guys in the reserves, which I find silly as they had some good players in their reserves. They would smash the points system if it were in place. Good on them for having a go and time will tell if what they are doing is sustainable. As a hopper Whereitallbegan don't be to disheartened remember where the club was 18 months ago?
Any idea how the points system would work a and how many Albury and Raiders would be over?

edflinsider

Team Captain
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Yarra are back in town and should win all of there remaining games. Watch everyone then crawl back to Fev because they can then see how he coaches. He will prove all the doubters wrong.

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any idea how the points system would work a and how many Albury and Raiders would be over?

Not sure how it all works but I've heard Albury are well on track to be under. They are now playing kids like Michael Duncan, Elliott Powell, Ryan Hon, James Grills, Caleb Simmons etc who have come in from the bush and their big names have reduced points because of multiple years of service. Hyde for instance may have started on a 4 or 5 but I think they lose a point for every year they play so could be only a one by now.
Raiders have lots of young kids playing and no players that I can think of that have played AFL, VFL, SANFL or WAFL so might not be too high.

Mr Frank L

Rookie
Jun 1, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Not sure how it all works but I've heard Albury are well on track to be under. They are now playing kids like Michael Duncan, Elliott Powell, Ryan Hon, James Grills, Caleb Simmons etc who have come in from the bush and their big names have reduced points because of multiple years of service. Hyde for instance may have started on a 4 or 5 but I think they lose a point for every year they play so could be only a one by now.
Raiders have lots of young kids playing and no players that I can think of that have played AFL, VFL, SANFL or WAFL so might not be too high.
If you recruit a player that has played at 3 or more clubs in 3 years or something like that your a 5 or 4 pointer. It has these little Details within the system. it's quiet complex.

Hall of fame this Wednesday night. Something our league does better than any. Who do we think deserves to be inducted from your club?

Oct 7, 2009
The Y Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As it stands, both albury and raiders are over the limit, even a player coming in from hume or tallangatta league is a three pointer

Rip vanwinkel

All Australian
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Be interested to see how the points system will work when players are on multi year Contracts. Surely they can't be told,Sorry we can't honour your contract because you will put us over the allocated points.

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you recruit a player that has played at 3 or more clubs in 3 years or something like that your a 5 or 4 pointer. It has these little Details within the system. it's quiet complex.

Hall of fame this Wednesday night. Something our league does better than any. Who do we think deserves to be inducted from your club?

Haven't heard anything other than Lindy Burgess is being inducted? Is she the only one or is she the only one they are announcing prior to the night. If I am going to guess I would say Jason Lappin is due. Won 5 or 6 B&F's and coached 2 premierships. Peter Tossol could be another one with a similar record.

Mr Frank L

Rookie
Jun 1, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Haven't heard anything other than Lindy Burgess is being inducted? Is she the only one or is she the only one they are announcing prior to the night. If I am going to guess I would say Jason Lappin is due. Won 5 or 6 B&F's and coached 2 premierships. Peter Tossol could be another one with a similar record.
Jason lappin absolutely. Peter Tossel is already in the hall of fame. I'm sure they induct 5 a year. She just got named as a launch I think.

Oct 7, 2009
The Y Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i noticed in the Border Mail that there was only one report come out of the Raiders-Hoppers match, i didn't see that incident, the game was gone and i had bailed out by then.
Must admit i'm surprised an incident mentioned a few posts back didn't even rate a second glance. It would seem that it's now acceptable to run past a player who is on his hands and knees and sink the slipper in. Clearly there was no vision of the incident, and North decided not to pursue it.

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
i noticed in the Border Mail that there was only one report come out of the Raiders-Hoppers match, i didn't see that incident, the game was gone and i had bailed out by then.
Must admit i'm surprised an incident mentioned a few posts back didn't even rate a second glance. It would seem that it's now acceptable to run past a player who is on his hands and knees and sink the slipper in. Clearly there was no vision of the incident, and North decided not to pursue it.

Can't have been too much in it because North Albury have been pretty ruthless on the video reviews and never seem to miss an opportunity to put someone in.

johnnymossop

Senior List
Feb 16, 2012
Toorak
AFL Club
GWS
Foreign Legion Park - so true - who is driving this?

Back