Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes by David Bowie vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallelujah.
If the changes happen that we think will occur.
The day I have been waiting for.
It looks like it will be a great game to watch on Sunday.
Exciting times

JLR9SBeNJ6nc7uppi6x4mvdtc9ls8DDwfaoPcTYYoLjmYifebWCtPAkRESvJKI7DgpMayJ5dEZScltYn1QvfBsvfXdM0TsowM5Bm7wAqWqr_wvYnevReFNZAkvItIBAYduNRTzO6TFnnVwFb2mm4=w236-h323-nc

Yeah, I agree. I nearly put a disclaimer at the end of my post, but thought what the hell. :D

Looking at the bench and bearing in mind what TMS has said, you'd have to think that:

- Martin and Knight are in because TMS said so
- M Crouch is in because he was one of our best last week
- Atkins and Lyons are out on the basis that TMS didn't say they were in.

Which means one of CEY and VB will make the cut...

CEY please.

So.... VB to rack up 30 odd touches in the SANFL and be rushed straight back in for the Eagles game at the expense of Knight who fails to single-handedly win the game on debut?

:D

Nah, look I'm really glad that it finally appears as though sanity has prevailed here. Now we just need to replace Wright with Atkins next week (assuming Wright plays like Wright against Geelong), and we'll pretty much have the lineup that everyone has been crying out for (minus the injured Sloane, B Crouch, Jaensch of course).

It will be very interesting to see the impact that dropping VB for a young player has. Will we lack on-field leadership? Will we appreciate the injection of youth / flair?

Who knows, maybe we're all jumping at shadows and VB will stick in the 21. That'll be fun. :)

Like most others, I really want to see the youngsters given a go over underperforming seniors. However, I'd also like Martin to be given a decent run at it. I've said before I think he has a game Walsh ought to like if he can just earn his confidence. The only thing he's done wrong in the last couple of years is blow his chances in front of goal. While that's not good, it's not because he's a terrible kick, it's just yips I'm sure he'd overcome if he wasn't playing for his footy life all of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cancel the whole round. He coached players at West coast and Port too.

I think you leave the decision with the players.

Grief hits people in different ways, some of them may just want to play football. If they feel passionately about who are we to stop them?

That being said I think the game is a 95% chance of getting postponed.

They've just reported that they would've, if the game hadn't been played last night.

Call it null and void, forget this round.

My immediate thought was for the AFL to ask Tex and the players. If they want to play, it goes on. If they don't, then as you said null last nights game and cancel the round.

Just absolutely shocking. Seemed such a great guy.

My immediate thought was for the AFL to ask Tex and the players. If they want to play, it goes on. If they don't, then as you said null last nights game and cancel the round.

Just absolutely shocking. Seemed such a great guy.
Key really is the players.

Key really is the players.
100% correct.

Even if other games go on they'll feel hollow and awful. One would hope common sense would prevail. But, if Tex says they want to play then we play.

Would hope if tex and the boys say they want to play they are talked out of it. No one will be thinking straight at this time.

If geelong are uncomfortable with a draw just forfeit.

This is what I'd do:

Brown ~ Hartigan ~ Lever
Laird ~ Talia ~ Henderson
Smith ~ Thompson ~ Douglas
Knight ~ Walker ~ Cameron
Betts ~ Jenkins ~ Lynch
Jacobs ~ CEY ~ Dangerfield
M.Crouch ~ Atkins ~ Mackay
Lyons

So..
In: Lever, Henderson, Knight, Atkins, Lyons
Out: Cheney, Kelly, Sloane, VB, Wright
THANKYOU ! exactly right .

Would hope if tex and the boys say they want to play they are talked out of it. No one will be thinking straight at this time.

If geelong are uncomfortable with a draw just forfeit.

I would sincerely hope that GFC accepts whatever the AFC puts forward - whatever that outcome may be. There is no need for you to forfeit this game IMO.
Spilt points - cancel, postpone.

Should be whatever the AFC chooses to do.

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back