Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dav1d

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wow. Such a passionate bulldogs supporter such as yourself cant even get his own son to follow the bulldogs. You shouldnt let him in the house until he follows the dogs.

Now im getting worreid that when i have kids its gonna be tougher than i thought.
Hopefully we will be winning premierships and it wont be.

Bribe them, no Christmas for non bulldog supporters
Which means no presents
Muahhaha

With a brother in law who played at Essendon, a family in law who are all mad Essendon and a wife who's partially mad Essendon, I think I've done well to get my oldest even interested in the Dogs.
Was talking to my boss's 14 year old son the other day and he told me he goes for Essendon but is thinking of changing to the bulldogs. When I see him next time im gonna give him a bulldogs hat.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Other people have stories like receiving hats/jumpers, or meeting a player at school or something.

I was just subject to relentless brainwashing from birth.

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Mine was a weird, and a little bit shameful. I've been here long enough. It's time to come clean. My grandfather, who's still alive, apparently lives in Hopper's Crossing, was friends with a fair few of our 54 premiership side.

Might have been Charlie Sutton who owned a bar when my dad was born they wrote his name on a board saying he'd play for the dogs one day. At one stage I think my grandfather was on the board at Williamstown FC.

He left my grandmother with 3 kids, including my dad, the oldest, when he was 10. My Aunty still hears from him from time to time but I have no time for someone who does that. Unfortunate too. I bet he'd have some great stories to tell. My dad as a little tacker even went to Teddy's place for a BBQ once.

Growing up I went for the dogs. Dad did well to drum that into me. However when I was 6, I decided I should pick my own team. I went with the Brisbane Bears. Not long after they merged with Fitzroy to become the Lions. My dad was at work the day of the 97 prelim. Went to work in pants. Came home in shorts. Ripped the legs off his pants some time between 3/4 time and full time. Poor bugger. Funnily enough, not long after, we moved to Brisbane in 98. By the end of that year, I was a dog again. Realised how much I'd missed it.

Wasn't hugely passionate about it as a kid up there. Never went to the Gabba to see a game. Dad wouldn't take me, by then he was too much back into league. Local kids were pretty good to me.Every now and then we'd play AFL at school instead of league, just for me. Played with Rhan Hooper up there who was at Hawks and Lions for a while.

Moved back to Melbourne in 06 for uni. Still preferred league at that stage, big storm fan. Gradually got more and more keen on the dogs. These days it's the opposite. I've got a storm membership but don't go much. Get around the dogs as much as I can. My dad is still more of a league man, but I'm gradually nudging him more and more towards AFL.

Think the day we win a flag we'll both have a good cry together.

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sorry for the novel. And in the wrong thread. But it's an interesting discussion nonetheless.

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I feel like you're too progressive as a parent Fronk. When my turn rolls around to be a father it'll be like this:
Go for the dogs, sleep in the bedroom

Go for anyone else, sleep in the laundry

Go for the bombers, we're moving to north korea you little s**t
Still too soft for mine. Go for the Dogs sleep in the house. Anyone else find your own accommodation. Essendon or Carlton "kids? What kids?"

Dav1d

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Still too soft for mine. Go for the Dogs sleep in the house. Anyone else find your own accommodation. Essendon or Carlton "kids? What kids?"
Dare I ask what happens to the GWS kids?

I always got told (when I was a child) to support a successful club by friends at school & usually the Bulldogs would go on to beat their team that year :D
Good times

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was a bloody Carlton supporter (family brainwashed me) but never really that interested. A few days into prep a couple of the cooler older kids from grade 1 came up to me wearing dogs clothes and asked me who i went for and of course me trying to fit in quickly replied the bulldogs :D still go to the footy weekly with those boys so its definitely worked out for the best!

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've got all my kids barracking for the dogs (so far at least). All the wins this year have certainly helped keep them on board! My 6 year old told me this morning he has decided to be a pro footballer for the dogs :cool:. I told him its a lot of work to get that good and he said its OK he has 12 years to practice :D

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thought McStay was out of reach. Think again

http://www.sen.com.au/news/07-15/shaken-swans-might-renege-on-revenge-campaign

'On the subject of Queensland clubs, the Brisbane Lions will have to fight hard to retain Daniel McStay as I believe a number of Victorian clubs are hot on his trail. He’s a strong mark and would be a really good prospect. The idea has shades of Jack Gunston’s return home written all over it'.

Lets get Boydy's best mate to the club. Plays CHF and CHB what more do we want.

Gmod23

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Ravens
I would like McStay. Could fit our needs at CHF well. Great that he is good mates with Boyd.

Hopefully the photo of Toyd and him at formal wasn't a turn off hahaha
Wouldn't mind McStay, currently trying to play as a full forward when he's suited to a chf role alongside a brute player

Wouldn't mind McStay, currently trying to play as a full forward when he's suited to a chf role alongside a brute player

Do you think he will McGo from Brisbane? :)

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

He's the perfect fit. Plays better at CHF good tank and great hands and yes he needs a brute to take the first defender.

I would give up our first rounder thats how much I rate him. His output has been close to Tom Boyd's has this season and he hasn't had any tall help whatsoever not to mention playing in a very poor side.

Can play defence too is a big bonus as well.

JTCWBFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool, Knicks, Yankees
He's the perfect fit. Plays better at CHF good tank and great hands and yes he needs a brute to take the first defender.

I would give up our first rounder thats how much I rate him. His output has been close to Tom Boyd's has this season and he hasn't had any tall help whatsoever not to mention playing in a very poor side.

Can play defence too is a big bonus as well.

Agree with this.

Retain Talia and keep him, Fletch and Hamling as our Key Backs - draft another.

Bring in McStay, slots straight in at CHF with T-Boyd at FF.

Boyd to play back up ruck to Roughie and McStay can drop deep with Stringer moving into trust CHF during this time. Sounds wonderful.

Gmod23

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Ravens
Agree with this.

Retain Talia and keep him, Fletch and Hamling as our Key Backs - draft another.

Bring in McStay, slots straight in at CHF with T-Boyd at FF.

Boyd to play back up ruck to Roughie and McStay can drop deep with Stringer moving into trust CHF during this time. Sounds wonderful.
The triple tall structure with Stringer getting the third defender is ideal for our style of play. Hope it will not cost us our first round pick but he looks like one of our missing pieces.
We need to draft an HBF / onballer with vision, who attacks with the ball and can kick/handball offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back