Preview Hawks vs Pies - pre-match discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Collingwood will do better than most think (in the Herald Sun I think only one person tipped them to win in addition to the kiss of death tip that automatically tips the team least likely to win). I know pre season may mean little in the grand scheme of things but Collingwood beat Hawthorn with ease back then. Every game Hawthorn have played this season thus far has had similar intensity to a last saturday in September grand final. If Collingwood play hard, Hawthorn will have to work harder (something that has not happened very often in season 2015).

I do hope for a Hawthorn win, but I don't see it as a straight forward victory like others might.

We should be really fired up, "to win for Roughy." That should be enough incentive.

I think Collingwood will do better than most think (in the Herald Sun I think only one person tipped them to win in addition to the kiss of death tip that automatically tips the team least likely to win). I know pre season may mean little in the grand scheme of things but Collingwood beat Hawthorn with ease back then. Every game Hawthorn have played this season thus far has had similar intensity to a last saturday in September grand final. If Collingwood play hard, Hawthorn will have to work harder (something that has not happened very often in season 2015).

I do hope for a Hawthorn win, but I don't see it as a straight forward victory like others might.
Pre season was really a seconds game. No bearing on this game. I am hoping we can get close to you but reality says you probably win easily

Not much love for schoe here!

His games playing forward (AFL level) have not been bad at all

I also agree that Sicily or O'brien deserve a chance but the forward line just wouldn't function with another gunston type player down there

Schoe has been brought in to take marks and kick goals and I for one am confident that he will succeed in this

On a side note I am very happy to see Spangher back, if he lines up of course

Our mids need to step up to cover the loss of Rough tonight, its not just Schoey or Rioli's responsibility.

Here's an interesting stat, we are +11 on clearance differentials when Rough plays and -10 when he doesn't.
Agreed, Roughead's influence in the middle should not be underestimated.

Tonight will be a tight contest. Hopefully we are switched on from the start and don't get jumped early as we have been in games this year. If we stick with them, I can see us stretching them late and coming away with a 4-5 goal win. If they get the jump on us this will go down to the wire.

Last edited:
Freo win week in week out with a worse forward line than what we our sending out there tonight. Shitney won last night with a make shift setup.

We will need goals from our mids and the usual spread between Gunner, Poppy, Rioli, Bruest and Hale/Ceglar with anything from Schoey a bonus. Hill and Smith are starting to hit the scoreboard more regularly and if we can a get a couple of goals from any of our other mids we should kick enough to win provided our defence holds up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back