"Unsociable" Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just tall poppy syndrome. I would either own it or ignore it. It's certainly nothing to be offended by.

Not sure. I really like Sam Mitchell. But the hawks leadership group are clearly not "maturing" and are usually the most reckless in pursuit of victory. It's in the name of "competing, what happens on stays on" and you can't argue with results but the labels are definitely justified. It's behaviour is consistently over the line.

Like, come on now. Your club is not known for sportsmanship like maybe Eagles, Port, Freo, Bulldogs etc. And, again, maybe that's a good thing considering the outcomes.

Not sure. I really like Sam Mitchell. But the hawks leadership group are clearly not "maturing" and are usually the most reckless in pursuit of victory. It's in the name of "competing, what happens on stays on" and you can't argue with results but the labels are definitely justified. It's behaviour is consistently over the line.

Like, come on now. Your club is not known for sportsmanship like maybe Eagles, Port, Freo, Bulldogs etc. And, again, maybe that's a good thing considering the outcomes.

I don't know any clubs in the AFL that are "known for sportsmanship". Especially any of those that you listed. In fact I would say that the eagles are "known" as being drug addicts and Freo "known" for their terrible song and poor drafting.

We have won 3 flags of the past 7 years. We are the most successful post war team. The most successful AFL team. Anyone between the ages of 0 and 60 will have witnessed more Hawthorn flags than any other teams. We are currently on back to back flags and tracking for a threepeat. The fact that you bring up priority picks actually illustrates the point that I was trying to make perfectly. Teams that you dont support that keep winning are annoying. When you win people are going to start finding things to dislike about you. It's normal. I have built up strong dislikes towards teams like Manchester United and individuals like Roger Federer for the same reason. I hate seeing one team or person keep winning.

ps I care about as much about the fact that we got a priority picks as I have no doubt you do about the father son gifts that helped you win your 3. i.e literally zero.
Mate, that guy is just a braindead, Hawk obsessed troll. Our overwhelming success eats him up inside on a daily basis. Just laugh at him, have another beer in toast to the club that puts his in the shade and move on....

Hawthorn cant claim to be a legitimate premiership team given the number of early draft picks they required to build this team.
Lol - this is the dumbest thing I have read on big footy. Any flag the Hawks won is worth exactly the same as a Geelong flag.

They win this year they have a claim on the goat title. You really are crazy.

We have won 3 flags of the past 7 years. We are the most successful post war team. The most successful AFL team. Anyone between the ages of 0 and 60 will have witnessed more Hawthorn flags than any other teams. We are currently on back to back flags and tracking for a threepeat. The fact that you bring up priority picks actually illustrates the point that I was trying to make perfectly. Teams that you dont support that keep winning are annoying. When you win people are going to start finding things to dislike about you. It's normal. I have built up strong dislikes towards teams like Manchester United and individuals like Roger Federer for the same reason. I hate seeing one team or person keep winning.

ps I care about as much about the fact that we got a priority picks as I have no doubt you do about the father son gifts that helped you win your 3. i.e literally zero.

Maye GC26 is a peanut. Not worth paying any attention to that flog. But I do have one bone to pick with your post - anyone between the ages of 0 and 100 has seen as many or more Hawthorn flags than any other team.

Think you will find you did have a priority draft selection playing last year.

These are the picks needed by Hawthorn

1,2,3,4 and 6.

Not enough bicep curl in your post...

Its true most of those picks have played and beaten Geelong in a Grand Final, but, how many Geelong father son players have beaten Hawthorn in a grand final, you know the free hits on players using sh8tty draft picks to the point the AFL had to change the rules......Well that answer is 0. :)

Last edited:
Lol - this is the dumbest thing I have read on big footy. Any flag the Hawks won is worth exactly the same as a Geelong flag.

They win this year they have a claim on the goat title. You really are crazy.

But we drafted players.............you know, like every team does every year.

Incorrect anyone between the ages of say 15 to 23 will have seen an equal number of Brisbane and Geelong Premierships, plus you could go far older since I am 25 and I certainly have no memories of Hawthorn winning in 91.

No they need lots of early draft picks , Hawthorn did not only get 1 they got 2 lots of priority draft picks to build their premiership side.Geelong never had a pick below 7 .

Give Geelong or Sydney the draft picks they had and they would win 5 premierships in a row .

as a carlton fan i can tell you that early draft picks can only take you so far...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incorrect anyone between the ages of say 15 to 23 will have seen an equal number of Brisbane and Geelong Premierships, plus you could go far older since I am 25 and I certainly have no memories of Hawthorn winning in 91.

Tis true, but you need to go back 100 years to see a club with more

Attachments

• countbackAFLVFL.pdf
    50.1 KB · Views: 5

This is actually understating it...

Hawthorn are the most successful club since 1923 (outright) in terms of flags won...joint leaders since 1915 (10 years before we joined the comp)

...and we are envious of little Geelong lol

This is actually understating it...

Hawthorn are the most successful club since 1923 (outright) in terms of flags won...joint leaders since 1915 (10 years before we joined the comp)

...and we are envious of little Geelong lol
1914 actually. BTW awesome sig!

No they need lots of early draft picks , Hawthorn did not only get 1 they got 2 lots of priority draft picks to build their premiership side.Geelong never had a pick below 7 .

Give Geelong or Sydney the draft picks they had and they would win 5 premierships in a row .

hahaha,
and if Hawthorn had the father/son picks Geelong had, we would have won more than 5!

you do make me laugh!

Coupla ways you can look at that game, one, you can look at it like the pies have to absolutely play out of their skins and throw everything plus the kitchen sink at us when we're under strength to even get close to us. Two, kick straight and they beat us by 4-5 goals.

Perspective is a funny thing...

Coupla ways you can look at that game, one, you can look at it like the pies have to absolutely play out of their skins and throw everything plus the kitchen sink at us when we're under strength to even get close to us. Two, kick straight and they beat us by 4-5 goals.

Perspective is a funny thing...
Same time, we've lost plenty to Geelong under the same circumstances
Was never talk of "if they kick straight"

Collingwood missed a few easy ones, but most were from 50/50 positions, or under extreme pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back