Injury Gastro hits

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't it a lot quicker to recover if you're on a drip? Expecting top notch medical treat so hopefully I'll on by Sat.

They can cut the recovery by a day, maybe turn it into 4 days until perfect. Missing the main training session coming off the bye sucks. If they were borderline players with a ready to go replacement then I'd strongly consider it.

Boomer doesn't have a replacement and neither does Jacobs (as Ablett's minder).

As for Gastrometers ratings, I agree totally. Diar only is rarely an option though! Some nausea is almost inevitable.

Boomer missed training today with 'gastro' and there are a few others affected. Might be a good opportunity for Boomer to miss a game. At least two others have it too so might be a few late scratchings who won't make the trip to the GC.

Hope Boomer doesn't miss. I've booked my flights and accommodation for Brisbane to celebrate his 400th in grand style. I've booked a Harley motorbike for the weekend with 400 blue and white streamers - 200 hanging off each hand-grip.
I once had gastro when I was a grasshopper and sure, my beetle was red-raw but I could still have played AFL if need be.

More than likely. They train in very close quarters. Any place like that (schools, hospitals, aged care places), gastro spreads fast.

Fair enough.

Don't think i've ever had gastro so wouldn't know, just sounded a bit suss to me like it might've been a convenient excuse to give some players a rest.

Hope Boomer doesn't miss. I've booked my flights and accommodation for Brisbane to celebrate his 400th in grand style. I've booked a Harley motorbike for the weekend with 400 blue and white streamers - 200 hanging off each hand-grip.
I once had gastro when I was a grasshopper and sure, my beetle was red-raw but I could still have played AFL if need be.

Do you plan to cab it down to Avalon then catch a flight from Avalon to Tulla in time to make your connecting flight to Brissie?

Boomer missed training today with 'gastro' and there are a few others affected. Might be a good opportunity for Boomer to miss a game. At least two others have it too so might be a few late scratchings who won't make the trip to the GC.

Stop barracking for him to miss a game.

Stop barracking for him to miss a game.
I'm the opposite - my son and his mates all have tickets booked for Brizvegas after being assured by the club Boomer would not pull a sickie. If he does then there will be a lot of very unhappy members.

Gastro sucks. Had it earlier this year. Was out for a few days but still felt really weak playing sport on the weekend. The lack of eating for a few days didn't help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, you've mentioned him being rested quite a few times.
The irony is that I have a bet with my son that he will miss a game. Suppose I can't lose either way. Disappointing for the club that no matter which way it happens that it can't be leveraged to be a home game. Would love to have been able to cheer Boomer's 400th, a sensational shinboner.

There's a degree of gastro.

Diar is survivable.
Urgent diar nup.
Diar and spew nah.

When you have kids you beome an expert....i have had all.

For a second I thought the thread title was "Gaso hits"!:drunk:

Now that we've learnt Gaso's a cab driver that would make for an interesting read.

CANON-EOS-5D-MARK-II258C2A.gif

My music-obsessed brain keeps reading the thread title as a really bad idea for a compilation album.

P.S. Chris Rea = The Dire

I have tickets for his 400th at Brisbane grrrr

My music-obsessed brain keeps reading the thread title as a really bad idea for a compilation album.

P.S. Chris Rea = The Dire
Love it!

What tracks would be on the album?

Achey Breaky Heart has to be the first.
Every song recorded after 1979 is a chance. No great music recorded since then.

Any word going around today? It's been mentioned on radio this morning that both Harvey and Jacobs could miss... But it sounds more like reporting on the rumour from here 3 days ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back