RIP Phil Walsh - Police, club, league statements in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Please ignore my previous post. Just heard the son did a runner. Obviously not defending anyone

And you decide that time and place? The discussion is more than appropriate. I'm not parading outside his home, this is a footy discussion forum.

How about human decency decides that time and place? Who cares what happens with football and finals? A mans life has been taken in the worst possible way.

For all those talking about fixturing issues, I reckon that's a matter best left to the family, the footy club and the league.

At this moment in time, I think we can all be quiet on that issue and let the family and footy club do what's best for them in that regard.

Cancelling the round is a step too far. There are too many flow-on ramifications. At most, if Geelong and Adelaide agreed to split the points that would be a different matter.

Condolences to all and sundry.

can understand maybe the crows game getting cancelled but the rest of the games must be played, it might help with the grieving process as well.

Disbelief.

Vale Phil Walsh.

Tragic. Thoughts of his wife first and foremost, the Adelaide players and staff, then their supporters and all other clubs with whom he played and worked.

I don't know how the Crows players can play after that. They need a few days just to process this and make any decision to go out and pay tribute to him.

Read about a murder at Somerton Pk on the SA Police FB page early this morning, then a mate in the media sent me a text that Phil was dead, didn't take long to put it together. That his son is a suspect just makes it all the more sad.
Terrible, terrible news. Gutted.
RIP Phil, may your team kick straight, the winds be offshore, a good swell and great waves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can understand maybe the crows game getting cancelled but the rest of the games must be played, it might help with the grieving process as well.

This.

Id imagine it will be put to the players as individuals to decide. I could seeTaylor Walker wanting to play and bust his arse trying to kick 20 goals as a way of grieving.

Detective makes a good point, that this kind of stuff unfortunately happens way too often but because they aren't "famous", the care factor is close to zero.

Yep, and state and federal governments are currently cutting funding like crazy to community organisations that provide support for the mentally ill and people having domestic issues, because who cares about that stuff?

This is just awful news.

All death is tough, but when it's at the hands of another human being, it makes it all that much tougher. It's all so unexpected. Really feeling for his family (not the son of course).

Domestic violence is never okay. http://www.dvrcv.org.au/support-services/national-services

Very sad news.

Let's leave speculation alone. Let's not hear from anyone who "knows" Phil or the son or the family about reasons, motives, family history or whatever.

Devastating news.

Terrible news for AFC.

Thoughts are with the family, friends and club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back