RIP Phil Walsh - Police, club, league statements in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Spare a thought for his daughter. Your dad's passed, your mum is in hospital and your brother in custody and they are happened in one event. All the best to her, other family and everyone else effected.

Spare a thought for his daughter. Your dad's passed, your mum is in hospital and your brother in custody and they are happened in one event. All the best to her, other family and everyone else effected.

How do you ever move on from that? Ever feel happy again? More than 1 life has been lost today.

RIP Phil,

i feel for the Crows, now gotta look for another coach,

i hope the Mother is ok. didnt know he had a daughter also

And she is overseas and has to endure a long flight home with a confused, anxious and devastated mindset. I hope she has somebody with her. Each minute would feel like an hour and the isolation would be terrible.

and the poor girl is overseas. You'd feel so helpless

and the poor girl is overseas. You'd feel so helpless
Hopefully assuming with friends, they stick to her side nearly 24/7, just making sure she's OK, til she goes home, though I'd assume she would be on a flight ASAP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9:26am: Walsh grew up in the small town of Hamilton, in western Victoria. Age journalist Tony Wright writes:

Phil Walsh called himself, self-deprecatingly, "a bogan from Hamilton". In fact, he was something of a Renaissance man who learned to speak Japanese and found inspiration in art.

Only last month, musing about his team Adelaide's chances, he reached for what might have been in Vincent van Gogh's head when he painted Sunflowers and perceived the great painter's frustration in trying to capture the essence of the flowers and their colours.

He said he'd visited the van Gogh art museum in Amsterdam

"I'll sound again a bit like a weirdo but great art comes out of a level of frustration," Walsh said.

"And I looked at that painting Sunflowers. And for a bogan from Hamilton like myself, I could actually see beauty in that frustration.

"So although our fans are frustrated, we're frustrated, we like to think there's some masterpieces still to be painted this year."

He began learning Japanese after being hit by a bus in 2012 while holidaying in Peru. He described the experience of almost dying as life-changing, and decided he needed to expand his horizons. And so he set out to learn how to speak Japanese fluently.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ch-phil-walsh-found-dead-20150702-gi455w.html

Wtf!!?!? Am in shock, heard it on the radio and thought "Phil Walsh? The Adelaide coach?, no".

Just shocking news, puts everything into perspective, would totally understand if the game doesn't go ahead sunday.

God life is so fragile. Heartbreakingly tragic.
From over here in the west, where Phil spent the best part of 5 years working with West Coast.
Sincerest condolences to the Walsh family.

Last edited:
What the hell is happening at the SA clubs? John McCarthy, Dean Bailey, Choco's cancer, Reilly's head injury, Cripps' heart attack and now this all within 3 years. Unbelievable.

RIP.
Yep, I was gonna say something like this but didnt know if it was the time. When you include Phillip Hughes last year as well, South Australian sport has copped it so hard over the last few years it is ridiculous.

I feel sick in the stomach at this news. Allegedly killed by his own son. It doesn't get any worse than this.
The football world is deeply saddened by this. Just can´t get my head around it. RIP Phil Walsh.

I couldn't even imagine how his wife and daughter feel right now. Such a sad thought, it really is. They lost a father, husband, brother and son.

Over a 20 year career Phil would of been a part in many people's lives in the football world. But how the hell could the Crows line up for a football game on Sunday? I know he's only been there for 8 months or so but those boys would be beyond devastated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back