News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't make this too long.

Rest in Peace. Football has lost a great man, and for the AFC a great coach. He is now an angel looking over us, and I prefer to think of it that way.

RIP Phil

ps: Crows fans, you have my absolute condolences.

I'm used to death, but this was still pretty bad for me. Shame to see someone in their prime cut down like this.

My mind (selfishly) moves to the future of the club; future coaches, contracts, this season, player morale. Selfish thoughts, but worrying ones.

RIP Phil. Terrible thing to have happened.

Hey Guys and Girls,

Sorry for the intrusion, but I'm sure I represent all Hawthorn Supporters here in saying that when the news came through into Melbourne this morning, we were absolutely lost for words. Our heart felt thoughts and prayers go out to Phil's family and friends, His staff, players and everyone associated at the Adelaide Football Club.

Just a shocking situation. They interviewed Roo on Triple M here and for a tough hard champion of the game in Adelaide, never heard someone so lost for the right words to say.

At work...still in shock. Just no words as so many people will be hurting today and for a long time to come. Rest in peace Walshy gone too soon.
Told my daughter this morning and she just cried...horrible for everyone, how much shite can one club take? Personally I think it makes us stronger.

Wow just cant believe it, As a father and also a football lover this is just unbelievable

My thoughts and heart goes out to the walsh family & also to the crows football club and its supporters

my heartfelt condolences.

I must admit I'm not a big fan of drama queens, and even know ive never met the guy, I just have this empty feeling that we have lost someone really special today.

What do I tell my 5 year old who lives for and loves this club.

Tell him his father loves him very much and is quite proud to be his father.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rest in peace Walshy. waking up to that news this morning was terrible! so shocking, felt like I got kicked in the stomach.
This unchartered waters for the AFL... this is massive :( I am so cut up about it.
Cant believe something like this has happened. I Feel so bad for his wife and daughter. My deepest condolences to the Walsh family, to all the clubs he has been involved with (players and staff) and to us.. the crows fans. :( so sad.

RIP Phil.

It is sad we will never get to see his vision for the club become reality.

Condolences for his friends and family, but I feel most for his wife and daughter at this time.

This whole tragedy just underscores the fact that those we so often laud in sport as "other-worldly" or "god-like" as just as vulnerable to misfortune on a grand scale as the rest of us.

Live your life, grab each opportunity as they come and don't die wondering.

Never met Walshy personally, but from the limited media I've seen of him, it certainly seems to be a creed he lived by

Remove this Banner Ad

Back