News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy s**t, this is terrible news. Am shaking right now.

Phil left such a big mark on our club in the time he was here. He influenced our playing group so much.

This is some of the most shocking news I have ever heard. RIP. :(

Phil
You were only with us for a very short time, but from the day you arrived, we could all tell that passion you wanted for success with us.
You wore our warrior colours with pride, and that pride was reciprocated by us.
The fire was in your eyes, and combined with your little gems of analogies we hung off every word, but the last one will ring forever in my mind.
I feel humble to have known of you.
You will never be forgotten by our club.

#Wegrieveasone.

Living in London and just read this and I'm in total shock, condolences to the Walsh family during this terrible time.

New Avatar is detail from Wheat field with crows, Oil on canvas 50.5 x 103.0 cm. July, 1890 Vincent van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam

I'm sure that Phil would have seen painting this at the VG Museum too. Crows flying as one but feeling lost without their main man. Not sure how the club will get past this tragedy. But it will.

Wonderful to see the respect from fans, of both the Crows and other clubs and the tweets from our Players. This is how the Players and Club and Supporters will survive and grow stronger by sticking together and respecting each others grief.

Great leadership from Rob Chapman and Andrew Fagan. Kudos to them - what an incredibly difficult press conference. Respect and condolences to the Walsh family and friends as well as the AFC club and community.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This morning took me back to 1991.
A 14 year old ( collingwood fan before crows ) nswcrow waking up to his family standing at the end of his bed and being told my fave player Darren Millane had died.

Wishing the Walsh's, AFC, and your supporter base all the best. I couldn't believe it this morning when I found out. All Geelong V Adelaide gfames for now on should be known as the Walsh Cup.

It's a shame in a way that the Geelong game isn't going ahead because that means our next game is all the way over in Perth, and I wanted to be there for the players and cheer them on. Next game is the showdown in several weeks.

It's a shame in a way that the Geelong game isn't going ahead because that means our next game is all the way over in Perth, and I wanted to be there for the players and cheer them on. Next game is the showdown in several weeks.

That is disappointing about our next game being away. I'm sure everyone would love to get to the ground and support the players. Not the first to mention it and I don't think I will be the last but the showdown medal should now and forever be the phil walsh medal given the impact he had on both teams.

I heard the news and I am so sorry that such a real good guy is no longer with us .
Deepest sympathy to his family and friends .
He was just a nice guy doing what he loved and we a will all miss him .
He helped so many in his life and they will remember him
RIP Phil.

Oh dear god. What an absolute tragedy. I thought the Wayne Carey story was the biggest story I'd ever see in football but then there is this...

There are no words. Speechless

It reminds you that whilst footy is just a game the emotional ties to your club and the people in it are deeper and more pervasive. They resonate in ways you don't realise until... Lump in throat, eyes welling for a man I never met.

What a tragedy, I'm sick to my stomach and in shock.

This is true grief and shock

There are no words. There will never be words to describe this moment, even as memories fade and details become more fuzzy

Dear god how can this be true

Remove this Banner Ad

Back