News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Just knocked my crew of 5 hardened tradies off early as we were all just walking around site aimlessly all day in shock. Now I've come home and reading this thread I'm a blubbering mess.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart Phil Walsh! You gave me back confidence not only in my club, but in the fact that there are still true gentlemen in this world who exist for selfless reasons.

A Warrior, a Gentleman, A champion of this game we all hold so dear.
You will never be forgotten.

Luv ya mate.

Last edited:
Oh dear god. What an absolute tragedy. I thought the Wayne Carey story was the biggest story I'd ever see in football but then there is this...

There are no words. Speechless

It reminds you that whilst footy is just a game the emotional ties to your club and the people in it are deeper and more pervasive. They resonate in ways you don't realise until... Lump in throat, eyes welling for a man I never met.

What a tragedy, I'm sick to my stomach and in shock.

This is true grief and shock

There are no words. There will never be words to describe this moment, even as memories fade and details become more fuzzy

Dear god how can this be true
my wifes first question was it some sort of joke

I wish it was, it feels like yesterday we were in this state from the passing of Bailey and then Hughes

This is truly awful. What an horrific thing to happen.

Thoughts are with the Adelaide FC and also with Walsh's family. This kind of stuff transcends club loyalties etc, a very hard day for all who love AFL.

Vale Phil Walsh. Deepest condolences to your family and close friends.

I wish it was, it feels like yesterday we were in this state from the passing of Bailey and then Hughes

That was my response when I was told as well, and it was the response of everyone I told after that. It just doesn't seem like reality . I mean you can go on the afl website and watch his presser from the last match we played, I have a video I sent to a mate of phil walsh stumbling his words in a pre game interview from last week. It's just crap.

I don't know why but this hits hard about a 100x harder. We invest emotionally in a coach, he becomes a figure for all of us who put hopes and dreams into

My wife can't understand why I burst into tears and can't stop for a man I never met

What lovely words from the players' instagrams and tweets.
Yeah Smith and Lowden just said some nice words.
What an imprint.

Watching the presser today, couldn't stop the thoughts of when they were sitting there full of confidence announcing him as coach and the direction of the club. And the little jokes along the way.

This is just.. ah.

Absolutely terrible tragedy. Condolences to the family, players and club. Right decision was made for Sunday's game.

RIP Phil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know why but this hits hard about a 100x harder. We invest emotionally in a coach, he becomes a figure for all of us who put hopes and dreams into

My wife can't understand why I burst into tears and can't stop for a man I never met

I'm not what you'd call an emotional man. I can probably count the times I've cried in my adult life on one hand, yet I've been at breaking point basically all day today, all over a man I've never met. It's a strange feeling.

Stay strong mate, we are all with you.

I hear ya, I had so much faith in what Walsh was building.

This is such a cruel and premature termination of his dream, the clubs dream and our dreams.

11693822_10153969110517388_6095831570963806104_n.jpg

Mine

( sorry about the dickhead cat )

I had the exact same reaction when I woke up today. Thought my friend was pulling my leg when he told me. I still can't come to term with what happened today, it's very sad news indeed

Rest in peace Phil, the way you've rejuvenated the attitude of the playing group, and empowered the players made me look forward to seeing how you were going to transition squad into becoming a elite team. My deepest condolences goes out to your family & friends :cry:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back