RIP Phil Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

The television images of the frightened family dog being carried out of the house by carers this morning rocked me too. Imagining the panic and terror that poor thing would have been going through as the horror unfolded broke my heart. Some people might scoff at such an observation but those beautiful things experience fear, horror and shock just as humans do.

I don't scoff at all. The poor thing is never going to see it's best friend again and it won't have any idea why. Tragic.

The television images of the frightened family dog being carried out of the house by carers this morning rocked me too. Imagining the panic and terror that poor thing would have been going through as the horror unfolded broke my heart. Some people might scoff at such an observation but those beautiful things experience fear, horror and shock just as humans do.

It is a bit comforting to know there's still plenty of people around to care for all living things when s**t happens. The support that the victims are receiving is undeniable.

im8090.jpg

Condolences to you guys and the PAFC he was obviously a bloke that has left his mark on many people and at many clubs.
My thoughts after the passing of two people so close to both clubs I'd think it would warrant ditching the "Showdown" tag. Call it "The Bailey/Walsh Memorial Game and base it around uniting both supporter groups as compared to the division that surrounds it now.
Just a thought.

RIP Phil Walsh.

Condolences to you guys and the PAFC he was obviously a bloke that has left his mark on many people and at many clubs.
My thoughts after the passing of two people so close to both clubs I'd think it would warrant ditching the "Showdown" tag. Call it "The Bailey/Walsh Memorial Game and base it around uniting both supporter groups as compared to the division that surrounds it now.
Just a thought.

RIP Phil Walsh.
It would be great if teams could unite for these games with mutual respect. Friendly rivalry rather than ill-feeling. We have a lot in common.

Most of all, we're all people.

#NeverTearUsApart
#WeFlyAsOne

Condolences to all supporters of any club affected by this tragic loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The shock has subsided only to be replaced with sheer sadness. I was at work today and when the news broke, everyone was in disbelief. So sad it had to happen let alone in this way.

RIP Walsh. Great man indeed

The shocking circumstances has indefinitely rocked our clubs to the core. We both had deep connections with the golden man himself, part of the 2004 Premiership for you guys and cult hero and rising coach for us. After seeing the tributes from both our clubs, but most in particular the Power jumper with that wonderful passage on it at our club office, I wipe the continuous tears from my eyes right this second as it is clear that the tragedy of today has united the spirit of this beautiful state. Yes, the season is always filled with banter toward each other, but today is a day of celebration and conjunction.

From us guys to you, I want to honestly thank you for the support today and I would like to send my own thoughts and prayers to everyone at the Power who was close with Walsh during his tenure as assistant coach. Today we have united together and we truly fly as one.

Port or Crows....today is about One state. One legend

#GoodbyeWalsh :hearts:
Someone said it perfectly earlier. We're brothers. We always bicker, we're always fighting and we don't want the other one to succeed because we'll be jealous. But when circumstances like today happens, we come together. We support and work together to come through adversity. We grieve together.

Today we lost one of our own. We'll come together and we'll find a way to get through this tough time.

Last edited:
It would be great if teams could unite for these games with mutual respect. Friendly rivalry rather than ill-feeling. We have a lot in common.

Most of all, we're all people.

#NeverTearUsApart
#WeFlyAsOne

Condolences to all supporters of any club affected by this tragic loss.
Lovely words. I could not agree more with your sentiments. Condolences to yOu and all others connected.

I'm glad I didn't see that.

The messages on our board by Power supporters have been welcomed and appreciated. Thank you. It is easy to forget that he touched many Clubs in so many good and wonderful ways.

This is one of the darkest days in South Australian footy and Australian footy.

Today both our South Australian Clubs are united as one.

Nah definitely not scoffing. Said the same thing to my 10 year old.

The messages on our board by Power supporters have been welcomed and appreciated. Thank you. It is easy to forget that he touched many Clubs in so many good and wonderful ways.

This is one of the darkest days in South Australian footy and Australian footy.

Today both our South Australian Clubs are united as one.

It's the least we can do, you guys were the same towards us after the John McCarthy tragedy in 2012 :)

It's the least we can do, you guys were the same towards us after the John McCarthy tragedy in 2012 :)

I know I carry on like a flog on here about PAFC, but the sadness on our board and yours and across this state and the broader AFL community is devastating.

The uniting of our two Clubs on this tragic day is telling to say the least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back