News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

A collection of tweets from players

Lever:
"Can not believe this. A man I have great respect and admiration for. I will forever be grateful for the opportunity you gave me. You taught me what hard work and dedication is all about and made those around you stand taller. Love ya walshy
#weflyasone#RIPwalshy"

McGovern:
"Phil not only were you a great coach with tremendous football knowledge, you were also such a loveable character and touched everyone you met in your own way. Although my time knowing you was short... My memories with you will remain a lifetime. #RIPWalshman"

Smith:
"Passionate, caring and committed to getting the best out of those around you. A fantastic coach and an even better person. You will be greatly missed but your elite standards and values will be with us forever. I am privileged to have played under you. RIP Walshy"

Talia:
"Phil Walsh- a leader of men and an inspiration to us all.. He taught me so many life lessons in such a short period of time.. A brilliant coach and an even better bloke.. We will miss you Walshy !!"

The tragedy of it all is how time doesn't stop. We all face, none more so than his poor family, the question of now what? What now? Where to?

The absence of any acceptable answer is heart breaking

So we're upset, now what?
I just keep realising that it can't be taken back, Phil and his vision are gone forever. Such an endearing personality, I'm just crushed, completely devastated.

My heart has been grieving today but one thing I personally have learnt as did Phil Walsh was -

Don't leave this earth without thinking why didn't I do that?

You don't know how long you have, either by your choice or someone elses.

By all means plan for the future, but make sure you live for today.

RIP Phil Walsh

"Passionate, caring and committed to getting the best out of those around you. A fantastic coach and an even better person. You will be greatly missed but your elite standards and values will be with us forever. I am privileged to have played under you. RIP Walshy".

11698870_855804304475489_7820937548107444726_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know why but this hits hard about a 100x harder. We invest emotionally in a coach, he becomes a figure for all of us who put hopes and dreams into

My wife can't understand why I burst into tears and can't stop for a man I never met

Think i know how you felt, heard the news around 7 20am & was just struck down with a nothingness, shed tears & went home without telling the boss where i am stilling trying to come to terms with it all, even though i never knew the man i just felt like he was a part of my life & i am a 60yr + male who has seen the good & the bad of life.

Walshy was different to all the other coaches we have had.

I just keep realising that it can't be taken back, Phil and his vision are gone forever. Such an endearing personality, I'm just crushed, completely devastated.
He may be gone but may his vision live on with the players and the fans ...... As he said ' you will know it when you see it ' - in the future may we one day see it and reflect on it together

Doesn't make sense does it, I'm struggling, seems like he was more than just a coach to our players. He was a father figure, this will rock them to the core. It's horrifying considering he decided to become a coach after his near death experience in Peru.. then this happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back