Autopsy Hawks vs Pies and the tribute to Phil Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

image.jpg
Those couple of touches in the last quarter were vital. Vintage Lakey.

Tonight's game showed how vital Chips is to our structure down back. We are a far better outfit with him playing.

Liam Shiels form has been sublime. Just keeps better and better. Another great performance.

29 disposals, 4 marks, 5 tackles, 8 score involvements, 2 goals
Sub par game. Slacked off on his tackle average!!!:D:D

How's Suckers' goal?

Cyril you little ripper
Poppy, Punky, Pup all great
Smith and Hill good along with Mitch
Our backs were almost as bad as the umps tonight
Seeing us win one of these games finally so good
Much respect for the Pies Bucks coached a great game

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Correct, our defense has been well below where they have been the past 3years. Stratton is having a shocking year, and is miles off his best, he used to be almost unbeatable one on one and almost never made a mistake. Gibbo is being made accountable and Buckley wouldn't let hodge sweep as he normally does.

Take it, move on. Better side lost.

Rioli, Lewis, Hodge, Shiels Mitch. Rest........

If we have learnt anything from 2012 its that the mid-season is not about form. Just get the points on the board and build towards finals in the final month of the season. This result was just fine in my books. We are also one game closer to regaining Frawley and Roughy. Bring on Sydney!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I called us as gone half way through the last and but for poor kicking from the pies we could be in melt down. Winning ugly is fine but winning with style would be so much better and it just doesn't seem to be happening - tough couple of weeks ahead.

Shiels was amazing once again tonight and Cyril, well Cyril was just Cyril and taz got off the leash - well done
I can't be bothered tbh with anymore negativity, I actually feel quite flat - need some chocolate

Defensively we were ordinary. Stratton, lake and Gibbo had poor games. We were poor in the contest and got smashed in the clearances as well. Not meeting our kpi but still willing ourselves to victory is something we have lacked all year. I think we are building towards our best form. If we hit it at the right time we will be hard to beat.

Hawthorn in the white trunks. Rope a Dope lesson 1.

From this:

View attachment 149058

to this:

View attachment 149059

Here's Cyril coming at ya

tumblr_mr35at0eRL1rzn4f8o1_500.gif

Thank you to Clarko and Bucks for orchestrating that finale. I'm in tears.

It was great. Feel for Clarko and Burgers, and all the fellas over in Adelaide and anyone who's been touched by Walsh's loss.

Congrats on a hard fought win. Tremendous gesture by Clarko tonight. Very proud of both teams. Have always respected Clarkson. His outlook and perspective of the game is so much bigger than any minor indiscretions. Respect.

And to your lads too for their gesture. And to your coach too who is one of the few who pays Hawthorn respect in the media. Screw the haters - I've got more time for Pies fans when Tigers, Blues, Bombers and Swans fans exist. See you in the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back