RIP Phil Walsh - Police, club, league statements in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible, terrible news that we should lose such a great footy person this way.

Deepest condolences to family, friends and supporters.

RIP Phil Walsh.

CI_XA5lUwAADIwx.jpg

Class act. :thumbsu:

They did it well.

Regardless of some AFL Coach getting murdered this morning. He was a mate and mentor to some of those blokes on the ground. That is the major thing and the key difference is it is all in the public compared to the average joe.

His dialogue should have all been about Walsh and the players welfare and Walshy family yet he was talking about finding a new coach and 90% of the boys could have plsyed. That very well may be the case but the media is not the platform to say that on the day your coach is murdered.

Ordinary representive IMO
This is a pretty average comment, all people grieve in different ways. Roo was distraught on his normal brekky show here in Adelaide this morning, could barely get a word out and eventually left early to head to the club. Couldn't even break the news himself and had to get someone else to do it. He was on the panel that appointed Walshy as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still pretty stunned here, must admit my interest in football is probably gone for the rest of this year now.
I'm the same. 2 days ago I was worrying about Crouch not playing a game this year and the fact that Sloane will be out for a while. How is tex going to get up and about more. Now I honestly don't give a s**t. Maybe it'll change in a few weeks but right now it's a weird feeling considering this has happened to someone I never met.

I'm the same. 2 days ago I was worrying about Crouch not playing a game this year and the fact that Sloane will be out for a while. How is tex going to get up and about more. Now I honestly don't give a s**t. Maybe it'll change in a few weeks but right now it's a weird feeling considering this has happened to someone I never met.
You're not alone. Nearly every crows man I've spoken to IRL today has said the same thing. It's not just about giving a *, but also the guilt you'd feel if they did somehow win it all. Who wants that?

get around your friends and family and don't worry about footy if you don't feel like it for a while , after time hopefully you feel better better about footy again . I lost me best friend to brain tumor grand final eve five years ago now and I went off a lot of things in my life as a whole . But after time things got easier ,I will never forget her I always have her in my memory, miss her a lot but life goes on .

Nice to see something from Clarko, he was assistant with Phil and Dean Bailey with us in 2004, they would have known each other well.
However cursed they are now.

Ricciuto's role is obviously to start planning the next steps, whilst Fagan and Chapman deal with condolences and player welfare.

Why have a crack at him? Did you actually listen to what he said?

+1

Im not going to attack the poster, but like you said I did listen to the entire interview. Roo was perfect.

I really wish people didn't spread the ice rumour. Nothing in the news has suggested it as such.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back