News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Game ended, players milled around shaking hands, both coaches came out teams huddled around Clarko and bucks who were arm in arm, clarko spoke, then the teams went over to the centre circle and stood for a minute silence with Collingwood and hawthorn players alternately.

Thankyou

RIP Phil Walsh. It's taken me all day and I still don't quite know what to say. I cant quite comprehend what has happened to the Walsh family and our club. Phil was starting to look like the best coach the Crows had appointed for a while. Talking up team defence all summer to disguise a long kicking, attacking game plan was marvellous. Backing in young blokes like CEY, Lever, Kelly and the selection of Knight & Atkins this week made the Crows exciting. Taking risks and putting the game first with Dangerfield V Fyfe was gold. Walshy made us feel like the Crows were back on track and I was looking forward to the long term plan. I hope his vision will be realised one day. All the best to the Walsh family & the AFC.

Hi guys,

Sorry for the intrusion. I just wanted to say condolances to the entire Adelaide Crows family.
My other half is a Crows fan and she has been in tears a lot of the day, I can only imagine how rough a day this is for you all and for your club which has had more than its share of rough days recently.
Was fantastic to see the end of the Hawks/Pies game and the respect shown by both clubs as well... a clubs hashtag has never ever seemed more appropriate #weflyasone

It probably means nothing to you but in Geelong here there is at least 1 crows scarf out on display (and one of my Cats ones)

Scarf.jpg

RIP Walshy

Take Care guys

thought i would pop my head in to send all you guys my heartfelt condolences.

I too woke this morning to hear the news and was shocked, didnt believe it, couldnt believe it.
How could a son do this?
Phil was amazing and i was so jealous when he left us to go to Adelaide.

I lost my dad only a couple of months ago. I loved and adored my dad and i used to tell him this all the time.
I would give anything to have my dad back.
Events like this bring back memories i try and shut out.

The way Adelaide and Port have united over this has made me so proud. As a mark of respect i would love to see both supporter groups do something special on the showdown in a couple of weeks. For starters get rid of the name showdown and make it a more respectable name. Perhaps a joint march to the ground? i dont know..

Today we are all together. Today we all lost someone we all loved who loved both our clubs. Football and rivalries are irrelevant and insignificant.

Today we are ALL one club. We ALL fly as one

Keep your chins up guys! Tell your loved ones that you love them. Give them extra cuddles. Hold close to you what you have because you just dont know whats around the corner.

Firstly my heartfelt condolences to the extended Walsh family & friends, AFC, Adelaide FC fans and the wider football community feeling the tragedy of a great man's untimely passing.

I think the 'Showdown' should be re-named the Phil Walsh Cup as a mark of respect to his football legacy. Especially considering the impact he has had on both the AFC and PAFC clubs.

Apologies if this suggestion has been mentioned before. This is the first time I have posted on this forum. I just felt compelled to put my thoughts forward in this instance.

Cheers

Anyone who labels themselves as an 'aspiring pick up artist' and confesses to being an intensely emotional and bi-polar drunk (who wants to fight people or aggressively chat up girls when pissed), who is partial to drug use, doesn't sound great to me.
Yes, on reflection and reading a little more I decided to delete that post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since your post earlier, I've read that he was into psychedlics. So if it's a drug related episode, I'm guessing it's to do with something from that class.

That s**t about tripping on mushrooms being an experience everyone should have, because it opened him up spiritually and some other bullshit?

I briefly heard a bit of the AA sport show this arvo, someone suggested opening up the Adelaide Oval on game day at game time and letting in all of the fans in to show their respect for PHil his family and the club. I think it's a great idea.

Perhaps a large bouquet of flowers placed in the centre of Adelaide Oval? I think it would be a nice touch.

I hope either before or after the showdown our 2 sets of players do this.

A Port poster, mentioned that both supporters for the showdown walk together to the showdown. I hope there is a lot of push behind this idea.

The game has to be both a respectful occasion and a celebration of the wonderful man that Walsh has been to both Clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back