Autopsy Hawks vs Pies and the tribute to Phil Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Meanwhile the Pies have set up a defence for Cloke lashing out with his foot toward Izzy....

TC_zpsypvtqanh.jpg

Pendlebery is the clear second best player in the comp

If anything he's too unselfish getting his guys into space and giving it off. He tore us apart. Should of taken 1-2 shots at goals but gave them off which resulted in behinds

Freak

On the flipside, Travis Cloke can take all the contested marks in the world, He's a negitive on the field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rioli was immense as were Lewis and Mitch. Shiels continues to grow and thought Langford really ripped in. Burgoyne was class when it counted.

Good to win a close one finally.
Langford burrowing into packs and trying to just rip the ball out is something we could do with a bit more of.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hard win. Some of our field kicking was a nightmare. Langers was awesome. Need to put some serious effort into developing schoe as a forward. Some of those umpiring decisions were criminal.

Brad Hill's second half was really good.
Wish he could bring some tackling into his game and use his pace to mow some people down.

Otherwise doing really well.

What a game! We'll done you gave us a lesson again...
Although I am proud of our boys, we are getting closer.
Once we can get it together I can see us stopping your run of wins against us.

Fantastic touch by both teams on this sad day.

Hope to meet you guys in a few months for a rematch.

Great to win it.
We have spent most of the year losing those ones, so hopefully winning it helps us get back on track.

As others have said, interesting to watch another team do what we normally do and kick themselves out of it. o_O

Structures well off, probably par for the course with two bookends out.
But backline was out of sorts, forwards spent half the game getting in each others way.. (or all up going for the mark with no one but pies players at bottom of pack) and the midfield...???

Great moment at the end, from both clubs, and the crowd.

PS. I really, really like watching Collingwood play. They're playing entertaining footy again.

a lot of debatable free kicks... the last one against Shiels didn't look like a push..
RIP Phil Walsh..
Not sure Suckers deserves to be a sub... Lake didn't look great today on Cloke..
must get better,, especially at one on one in defence
Pretty difficult to beat an opponent who is allowed to hold you, push you out with his hands or simply manhandle you out of the contest without any penalties from any of the umps.

Very poor effort from the men in green.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back