NEAFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Sharks best player was burge as usual. He will go down as one of the sharks greatest players. Brennan had a dog of a day and I can't understand for the life of me how they chose him to be the kick in player
I am just surprised how easily Southport have rolled over and accepted what for them is failure.Billy I thought they were going to bounce back quickly, your not wrong often.

I couldn't get over how bad of an attitude some of the star Sharks players had today. Hunt seemed like a good team guy but Brennan looked like a goose. Didn't warm down with the team and barely got a kick. It was a spiteful game.

ashley76,

When you don't warm up, you don't really need to warm down, Jarred, after all the s**t that is going around from KH and his latest from the mouth statements regarding the Sun's players at the end of last season will be talking to his legal advisors a lot this week I would imagine, because being the squeaky clean club that Ashcroft and others have tried to portray the Suns as, since the KH/Cocaine action started, the club will be looking for a scapegoat and due to Jarred delisting last year, the emphasis will be pointed at those who are not in a position to be at risk to the club or the image of what it stands for - Essendon of the North - Witheriff to the boot studder at the Suns have a lot of questions to answer regarding the drug problem at the Sun's - Nothing to see here was the answer to the questions put in March when the story broke????? How do they get out of this one???????? Own up and start again or there will be 22 Sam Mitchell jibes each week to each player, unfortunately when there is a bag of Cocaine (or so I have been told) is on the table at the start of the night and its gone in the morning every player who attended the party is put in the user category, It was very interesting that KH mentioned 2 players, very quickly who did not use it???? but threw everyone else who attended the party under the bus - Great team mate (right) in fact BOG first class skin saver comes to mind and even put a D in front of that BOG IMO. Lots more pain for the idiots who used it and unfortunately for those who did not - 3 strikes drug policies do not work - use it and you are gone IMO.

GWS very well managed V Gold Coast Sun's a basket case.

With the Sharks missing finals again this year, a new coach may be required Doggy. Good luck. You deserve the chance.

It was pointed out to me on Sunday at the cattery that the Sharks could miss the finals for 3 out of 5 years in the NEAFL. Dare and Angus moved on as coach and same if not worse results this year and whispers that not everyone is happy. Cant move a third coach on surely?
A suggestion I possibly agree with is that the old formula of buying or attracting the best talent does not work at the higher levels the NEAFL presents. Maybe some fresh blood on the board to help them move forward. Coast footy needs the Sharks to be strong.

Also this top up arrangement with the Suns is still a farce. I thought that this year was going to see a change. Hurts the QAFL clubs and players still not enjoying being made to play at Suns reserves.

Also this top up arrangement with the Suns is still a farce. I thought that this year was going to see a change. Hurts the QAFL clubs and players still not enjoying being made to play at Suns reserves.
1 player on Southports list has played for Sharks,Suns,Morningside and Brisbane in the past 5 weeks. Can't be good for the player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The NEAFL just doesn't work for me. It's a bloody shambles.

I reckon we should just keep it local and have division 1 & 2 SE Qld leagues. The top 32-36 teams from the GC & Brissy ranked & split into 2 leagues.

And maybe use a relegation system that allows the top 2 division 2 teams to be promoted and the bottom 2 division 1 sides relegated or similar.

I dunno the answer, but the whole thing needs re-working.

I just read this above on an other rival NEAFL Listed blog/board and nearly chucked my Friday night dinner over my dog!!!!! Maybe we should let this AFL Reserve team this supporter follows, play in the little league at half time at their home game that their seniors play in and have a week off to recover when their seniors travel - If was about winning at all costs, then this might be a good plan, but am I losing the plot here? or like all supporters of AFL Footy, is it not about all sides that are engaged in our game, they are at least given the opportunity to being able to play at the highest level they can, to win a premiership for their club, their players and their supporters. Each week when I check out this particular supporters club NEAFL page, I see the same thing regarding the competition introduced for their benefit, or in the very least to have the players each week striving to improve to play at a higher standard - if given the opportunity - NEAFL not working, NEAFL competition too biased, NEAFL top up players not good enough to compete etc, etc etc. Even one post on this site said scrap the second tier leagues for AFL Reserve sides lets just have an AFL Reserve side competition of our own?????? I can only imagine what a Second 22 side from the Western Bulldogs, Hawthorn, Richmond, Essendon or Collingwood etc. Would do to this side WOW- LOL and then cry big puddles.

I have for a period of time been asking myself why the Lions (sorry to bring you guys into this) and this other Qld side who sit bottom and second bottom on the AFL Ladder presently ( I also point at this time the WA two sides sit first and second at the top), It comes down to selection of playing stocks. So don't give me its about a predominate football dominated state scenario, because I just don't subscribe to that rubbish, as if this is the case Carlton and Collingwood would be 1 & 2 for ever and a day and daylight would be a distant 3rd and Brisbane (3), Sydney (2) Port Adelaide (1) West Coast (3), Adelaide (RIP Phil Walsh) (2) and Fremantle (1) one on credit as this year is the year for them, would not have won any Premierships in the new and revamped AFL Competition (since the old VFL was reset).

Clubs need to be accountable for their Draft and Rookie pick selections - Pick Gumbies and you don't or won't win games in your respected Competitions (check out the VFL, SANFL and WAFL and see who are last on their respected ladders) - Pick guns who can play in the very least are not quite good enough for your senior team, but at least can play NEAFL or any of the other 2nd tier AFL Competitions and be in the least counted to hold up a spot in the seniors - recycled and favours owed players just don't make it - Look outside the square and the usual gold mine of attraction and you just might just find a few diamonds who will surprise, it has to be worth a go, as what is working presently, just is frankly not working, but were is the benchmark - oh that's right there isn't one - But when your recruiters keeping failing your club and you the supporters, please don't blame the competition for your and their failings, as the comp would work fine without or with you no matter what. My advice - sack the recruiters that you currently have and employ football brains who know what it takes to win games in the very least at 2's and then being able to move on to senior level's KPI's are what Coaches are employed too, why not recruiters, oh that's right they have the perfect out!!!!!!! They just blame the coach for not getting the best out of their selection - Please, where do I sign up for this blameless no fault on me job? - It isn't rocket science, its just having the smarts to know who can play at this level and who can't, and be the first to find them. For what it is worth just because a player might be Seventeen or Eighteen it does not give him the heads up on priority selection - there IMO are a lot of very good footballers playing within the Metro & Country leagues in Australia that would make a first draft pick look like a baby faced rookie - Its about time IMO, we looked outside the usual accepted Junior pathway system to find some real talent throughout Australia and not just give the pathway system a tick because of the money spent on it.

Ainslie vs Eastlake was a ripping game. The young Demons showed a lot of spirit and were unlucky not to win after a shot on the siren fell short with scores locked at 78 all.

Tipping Round 13

Grimlock (4) 46
Billybunter (3) 44
Stuyd1 (4) 44
2010Premier (3) 43
Lifes a Beach1 (4) 42
Pea Nut (3) 42
Dogwarna (4) 41
Chikka Ferguson (3) 40
justabaraker (4) 40

Lots of 4's this week, paid the Eastlake v Ainslie draw as a win, Dogwarna picked up 4 with no tips.Have a great week guys.

Hornets,

Yes turned out a 10 goal non surprise after all - this is a very strange year indeed for NEAFL footy, I watch in awe each week when I can down at the club and think to myself each week has the competition got weaker this year, I also can't help but think with the losses that Aspley had after last years G/F and the inclusions that Aspley got in their absence would weaken the current side considerably, the likes of Lucy, Turner, Copeland, Smith, Thompson etc, would have given all of the other sides a considerable advantage in level - to date the only side to make any ground on the Hornets IMO seem to be Sydney Uni (I can't comment on GWS or Sydney Swans as I have not seen them first hand) Aspley at the moment sit second on the NEAFL ladder by percentage and I just can't help but think the great John Blair is a master at his trade of coaching not only football teams but young men to play for the club they represent and each other - Back to back Grand Final wins may just be a very possible reality for the Hornets again this season based on the results so far.

Probably the significant difference is that he would not tolerate a tosser like Brennan - would tell him step up as part of this group or f off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back