News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely shocked by the news of Phil Walsh today, just absolutely terrible news. I can't imagine what his wife and the people closest to him are going through right now. condolences guys, RIP Phil Walsh.
+1
I think what is also lost in today, is that his wife Meredith also sustained injuries as well.

Tribute still growing..

CI_KuCEUcAEDHlP.jpg

Words are hard to come by at this time, however I would like give my deepest sympathy and condolences to the Walsh Family and to all supporters, players and staff near and far of the Adelaide Football Club. I wish you all the success in these hard times for the future and hope that we all get to celebrate together what Phil gave to us with his love of the game in the up and coming showdown.

My thoughts go out to his son, god forgives you, I forgive you and so will your father.

We have some thing common, loss of a dam good coach.

RIP Phil

She did, and the non-physical ones are going to be far more painful for her going forward. I hope the club does everything possible for her and her daughter.

Its actually go to the stage where the Club needs to have some process in place to support the grieving partners that have passed away, ie Bails and Walsh.

Words are hard to come by at this time, however I would like give my deepest sympathy and condolences to the Walsh Family and to all supporters, players and staff near and far of the Adelaide Football Club. I wish you all the success in these hard times for the future and hope that we all get to celebrate together what Phil gave to us with his love of the game in the up and coming showdown.

My thoughts go out to his son, god forgives you, I forgive you and so will your father.

We have some thing common, loss of a dam good coach.

RIP Phil

I dont know what Walsh would think about this, but IMO I think you are correct. I think he would have forgiven his son from above. He openly stated his love for his family.

Its actually go to the stage where the Club needs to have some process in place to support the grieving partners that have passed away, ie Bails and Walsh.
I know the club has been fantastic in supporting Darcy Bailey, We all have issues with our club at times but I think we can be confident that the AFC will offer everything that it can.

Near the end of a horrific day and it still hasn't sunk in, our coach murdered. Just think about it, never ever in your wildest dreams would anyone have woken today expecting this. I just feel so sad for Phil and his family. This is the most ****ed up day. What a tragedy.

If he'd just had a few more years he could have fulfilled his destiny and made his masterpiece. Gone too early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he'd just had a few more years he could have fulfilled his destiny and made his masterpiece. Gone too early.

Definitely gone too early.
... Just maybe he was there long enough for the masterpiece to paint itself in spite of the tragedy that has happened.

Have held in the tears today, mainly due to shock and numbness than anything, but the post-game tribute made me tear up. Still struggling to comprehend this has happened. Just a terribly tragic day for footy but everyone in the AFL community coming together to pay their respects and mourn together just makes me appreciate what we have as well. R.I.P Phil, we mourn the loss of a great man.

I was a guest in the room two years ago when Phil Walsh was awarded Life Membership of the Port Adelaide Football Club.

The irony. The tragic irony.

Life.
Never is it to be taken for granted.

Tomorrow the sun will rise in the east.
But it will be imperceptibly dimmer, for we have all lost one of our own.
All of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back