Toast Matthew Boyd 250 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Ironic from the perspective that I believed he was cooked and couldnt play anywhere else besides the midfield. Im glad I was wrong about that, he's been one of our best and most consistent defenders this season

Ironic from the perspective that I believed he was cooked and couldnt play anywhere else besides the midfield. Im glad I was wrong about that, he's been one of our best and most consistent defenders this season

You were not alone Mike - I thought he was cooked but I'm over the moon that I was so very wrong.

Perhaps the most dependable footballer I've seen. Nowhere near as gifted as your Scott West's etc, but deserves to be remembered alongside the very best to have played for the club. What a player.

Put together a highlights reel for Boydy's 250th. Fantastic servant of the club

I tell ya, I've heard some people say he doesn't kick enough goals, but gee every one he kicks is a beauty.
No front running over the top goals from him.

Saw that "Matt Boyd" was trending on twitter. I thought "wow people are really getting up for his 250th!". Then I realised it was about American Baseball Player Matt Boyd. :$

10031754pw.jpg

Due to respect for Mr Walsh there is apparently to be no run-through banners. Hopefully there will be something to celebrate Boyd's 250.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10031754pw.jpg

Due to respect for Mr Walsh there is apparently to be no run-through banners. Hopefully there will be something to celebrate Boyd's 250.
A win should suffice.

Every club needs their Matt Boyd types. They hold the side together.
I've loved his career and his approach to the game.
Probably the most undercelebrated 250 gamer in the club's history.

WESTERN Bulldogs veteran Matthew Boyd is in talks with the club about a new deal, but says there's no rush to commit to playing on in 2017.

Boyd, 33, is out of contract at season's end, and says his first priority is to help lead the Bulldogs' 2016 finals campaign.

"There's no contract at the moment. We're in talks. We'll wait and see how the year pans out ... to see if I go around again," Boyd told RSN 927.

"The mind and body are feeling pretty good, but things can change pretty quickly in footy, we all know that."

Boyd, who has averaged 27.3 disposals in the back half this season, said he would let his future take care of itself.

"For me really now it's about concentrating on what we've got in front of us," Boyd said.

"We've got two weeks of the regular season to play out, which is going to be some challenging games again for us in the next couple of weeks, and then going into the finals series for a second year in a row with a young group.

"It's really important I maintain focus on those things rather than the other things that are really out of my control."

Meanwhile, Boyd has backed teammate Jake Stringer to recapture the scintillating form that led to him being named an All Australian last season.

"He's still playing a vital role for us and he's still contributing," Boyd said.

"He started the game really well for us (against Collingwood) and got us on the scoreboard with a really clever snap for goal, and then I thought how he finished the game was really important for us.

"We needed someone to be strong around the footy and to stand up when we needed a contest and I thought Jake was able to do that.

"He's an All Australian in his third year so the pressure mounts, you get extra attention from the opposition, so there's a number of factors that lead to what most would perceive as a drop in form."

Should be a no-brainer to get Boyd for another year. Easily top 10 in our best and most consistent this year. His leadership and experience is invaluable in such a young side, especially with Murphy on the sidelines in 2016.

BTW this is Jake's fourth year, Matt.

Should be a no-brainer to get Boyd for another year. Easily top 10 in our best and most consistent this year. His leadership and experience is invaluable in such a young side, especially with Murphy on the sidelines in 2016.

BTW this is Jake's fourth year, Matt.
He was AA in his third year though. It was badly phrased.

WESTERN Bulldogs veteran Matthew Boyd is in talks with the club about a new deal, but says there's no rush to commit to playing on in 2017.

Boyd, 33, is out of contract at season's end, and says his first priority is to help lead the Bulldogs' 2016 finals campaign.

"There's no contract at the moment. We're in talks. We'll wait and see how the year pans out ... to see if I go around again," Boyd told RSN 927.

"The mind and body are feeling pretty good, but things can change pretty quickly in footy, we all know that."

Boyd, who has averaged 27.3 disposals in the back half this season, said he would let his future take care of itself.

"For me really now it's about concentrating on what we've got in front of us," Boyd said.

"We've got two weeks of the regular season to play out, which is going to be some challenging games again for us in the next couple of weeks, and then going into the finals series for a second year in a row with a young group.

"It's really important I maintain focus on those things rather than the other things that are really out of my control."

Meanwhile, Boyd has backed teammate Jake Stringer to recapture the scintillating form that led to him being named an All Australian last season.

"He's still playing a vital role for us and he's still contributing," Boyd said.

"He started the game really well for us (against Collingwood) and got us on the scoreboard with a really clever snap for goal, and then I thought how he finished the game was really important for us.

"We needed someone to be strong around the footy and to stand up when we needed a contest and I thought Jake was able to do that.

"He's an All Australian in his third year so the pressure mounts, you get extra attention from the opposition, so there's a number of factors that lead to what most would perceive as a drop in form."

I read that as "If we win the premiership, see ya later bitchez! But if not, I'm back next year for another crack!"

I read that as "If we win the premiership, see ya later bitchez! But if not, I'm back next year for another crack!"
Crawf basically did that in 2008

Hopefully the footy gods offer the same to Boyd or Morris this year or them two and Murph next year :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back