Hawthorn vs Collingwood post game moment of silence

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
Beautiful scenes from both teams after the game. Touching.

IYygnmU.jpg

After all the crap of this year, the Essendon drug scandal, the tragedy of today, the troubles with the Gold Coast and numerous other incidents, i really hope that at the end of the year we look back at this photo and realise this is what footy is about.

Wonderful and beautiful.

On one of the most darkest days in VFL/AFL history, it was two of Victoria's most proud and successful clubs that honoured a coach from a South Australian club, that proves, much like the 95 EJ Whitten lap, that the footy community can come together and support each other through harrowing times of sorrow.

So proud of both clubs tonight, hopefully the Walsh family and Adelaide footy club players and staff can take solace from it.

Great stuff. Yet to be convinced it needs to happen at every game. A blowout loss is a bit different to a tight well fought game. The other teams can shake hands and walk off together without the circle IMO. But it's not like I'm going to criticise if they do it. Just really appreciate the originality and spontaneity of this gesture and how it put a closure on today at least.

Fantastic work from the 2 captains and coaches. There's no right answer about whether this round should've gone ahead but these moments are making me feel glad that it has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet to be convinced it needs to happen at every game. A blowout loss is a bit different to a tight well fought game. The other teams can shake hands and walk off together without the circle IMO. But it's not like I'm going to criticise if they do it.

Can't you just acknowledge a beautiful moment and move on?

Pretty special moment the likes of which will rarely be seen again. Tearjerker for sure.

Glad I watched live on Seven. Flicked over to Fox to rewind and watch it again, and they crossed back to the studio before it had occurred. So you had the vision of it with Sandy Roberts talking over the top about how amazing it looked. Took a lot away from the moment itself.

I was about to leave the ground until I saw the players and coaches come together in a time of great sadness for the footy world and decided to witness it first hand.

It was handled with plenty of class, dignity and respect! Hard not to feel proud seeing this occur.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back