Round 14 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we might see some big scores this weekend
After a big start to the week we all think that, then sometime on Saturday it all goes to poop, happens most weeks.......

I miss the days of 2012 when Ablett, or Boydy or Dean Cox would play Sunday twilight games and go huge getting whoever over the line, was always a trump card I either had or I copped the full brunt of lol

Crows v Geelong game cancelled.

I now lose B.Smith and Selwood, at least i got Hamling and Dumont as cover accordingly....just praying Dumont isnt the sub for a third time....

Crows v Geelong game cancelled.

I now lose B.Smith and Selwood, at least i got Hamling and Dumont as cover accordingly....just praying Dumont isnt the sub for a third time....
It hasn't been cancelled, it's been declared as a draw.

Wait and see with what they do with Supercoach, as a substitute they may hand out scores based on average or projection

For anyone wanting to know what may happen this week, this is what AFL Fantasy are doing. I suspect RDT will do the same as Supercoach as it's ran by the same platform provider, if not it might just be best 18. I doubt they'll give out donuts.

#RIPPhilWalsh

thats a different game.

Any news on RDT.

I assume they are better than Fantasy

ROUND 14 SCORING - ANNOUNCEMENT

With the cancellation of Sunday’s match between Adelaide and Geelong, The Real Dream Team will continue as usual, with the “Best 18” scoring rule from the past three rounds extending into Round 14 and the remaining 7 matches to be played out. Full lockout will take place at the scheduled time of 7:50pm AEST tonight.

We appreciate the overwhelming feedback and suggestions that have been put forward by the loyal RDT community, in what is a very sad day and a completely unprecedented situation for both footy in general, and from a fantasy footy perspective.

We have considered all options, including awarding average/projected scores and considering Round 14 as a null round, where points scored would not count towards coaches’ season totals.

Ultimately, however, after 15 years of delivering RDT, we still feel now as we always have - that we need to uphold the integrity of the competition first and foremost. RDT is a game of skill, where coaches make educated decisions and plan their season based on set salary caps, trading and scoring rules. And the game must go on.

As a result, and given that the competition is in a partial lockout mode where team changes are still possible, we could not conceivably award average or projected scores for the two teams in question. Allowing players to be traded in and out or selected as Captain with a pre-defined, known score for the week, in our opinion, defies everything that a fantasy competition is about.

However, the circumstances are unprecedented, and as a result of 2 entire teams being unrepresented, we have decided to extend the multi-bye round, Best 18 Scoring rule, in an effort to lessen the impact of non-scoring players on RDT squads.

Finally, from the entire team at VirtualSports and our fantasy footy community, our thoughts and condolences are with the family and friends of Phil Walsh and the Adelaide Football Club.

With the cancellation of Sunday’s match between Adelaide and Geelong, The Real Dream Team will continue as usual, with the “Best 18” scoring rule from the past three rounds extending into Round 14 and the remaining 7 matches to be played out. Full lockout will take place at the scheduled time of 7:50pm AEST tonight.

We appreciate the overwhelming feedback and suggestions that have been put forward by the loyal RDT community, in what is a very sad day and a completely unprecedented situation for both footy in general, and from a fantasy footy perspective.

We have considered all options, including awarding average/projected scores and considering Round 14 as a null round, where points scored would not count towards coaches’ season totals.

Ultimately, however, after 15 years of delivering RDT, we still feel now as we always have - that we need to uphold the integrity of the competition first and foremost. RDT is a game of skill, where coaches make educated decisions and plan their season based on set salary caps, trading and scoring rules. And the game must go on.

As a result, and given that the competition is in a partial lockout mode where team changes are still possible, we could not conceivably award average or projected scores for the two teams in question. Allowing players to be traded in and out or selected as Captain with a pre-defined, known score for the week, in our opinion, defies everything that a fantasy competition is about.

However, the circumstances are unprecedented, and as a result of 2 entire teams being unrepresented, we have decided to extend the multi-bye round, Best 18 Scoring rule, in an effort to lessen the impact of non-scoring players on RDT squads.

Finally, from the entire team at VirtualSports and our fantasy footy community, our thoughts and condolences are with the family and friends of Phil Walsh and the Adelaide Football Club.

would have preferred best 21 but this is better than Fantasy

I have Pittard as my emergency, I wonder if his score will come into calculation if I play Mckenzie on the field. Anyone have a clue?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garbage. I have seven players from the crows vs cats game.Quitting RDT and never coming back. Pathetic decision.

So pissed off atm, was tossing up between Lewis, Hodge, Pendles and Swan. Obviously, the three I didn't choose tore up and ol' mate Swanny does sweet fa. 1055/10 (plus captain),

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back