News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope I wake up tomorrow morning with less messages on my phone. Night all. RIP Phil.

#weflyasone

Haven't had a day like this where I've been affected by footy so much since the '02 Bali bombings post the only Sturt Flag I've seen and the morning I woke up to hear of Peter Motley's car accident. Gutted on all occasions.
I'm done.
Best wishes to ALL of the Walsh family. Tough day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will always think of Phil whenever I see van Gogh's Sunflowers.

Hope he's remembered as a gentleman and a scholar rather than the tragic and bizarre way he lost his life.

What was it like at the ground? Kudos to everyone there. :thumbsu:

It was kind of quiet at the beginning. Most supporters weren't really that vocal. It was more just polite clapping for goals etc.

People got more into the game as it went on, but once the siren went and you walk outside reality hit.

Very sad day indeed.

Rest in peace Walshy, you lived a successful life which ended in the most unfortunate and undeserving way.
Very proud to be a Cat today, winning is great but showing empathy and respect to another team is greater.
Both Adelaide and Geelong will come out stronger after this on and off the field. Showing mutual respect is what makes clubs thrive.
The Pies and Hawks have also sent a very powerful football message tonight.

Phil Walsh, this is the legacy you have left behind UNITY.

I think part of it is that Phil came here for a new start, a new beginning. for him and for us, there was a lot of s**t to be put in the past and to start again.

I think it's because his breath of fresh air was so new, so recent, that we were learning to look hopefully towards tomorrow, that having all the wind taken from our sails hurts so much.

A new beginning. A new start. new hope and the gloomy times behind us. The symbolism of his carrying on for bails. His story matched ours.

I knew I liked him when he said he wouldn't talk about his game plan. You'd know it when you saw it. Man conversations. The word for getting close, it's called losing. The respect around the league, the respect of the media. The whole footy world had just started buying into the Phil Walsh experience. He made us feel energised and relevant.

It's not that he was destined for success, I'm not certain he was, but it was the road, the journey. it had only just started, and it's over too soon

Was in Rome and wasn't the news I thought I'd wake up for on my birthday. Not sure what to say, Walsh (and Fagan and Roo) made me believe again that the club was headed for greatness. I've been reading through Twitter and think it's been unbelievable how bonded this has made the entire football community. RIP Phil Walsh, I hope the team can one day make you proud and win a Premiership and condolences to all his family and friends and all the players at Adelaide, Port Adelaide and West Coast who've been coached by him.

I lost it when I saw Lever's tweet:

B3cAhT_CAAAFsox.jpg

The excitement when we grabbed Lever on draft night was equal to when Johncock put us in front in the 2012 prelim.

I lost it when I saw Lever's tweet:

B3cAhT_CAAAFsox.jpg

The excitement when we grabbed Lever on draft night was equal to when Johncock put us in front in the 2012 prelim.
It was the players tweets that resonated today. It's hit everyone, but those kids are the ones who, apart from his wife, were the closest to him on a day to day basis - kids who largely live away from home and make the club their home and family. The affect he had on them all was there to be seen.

Back from the G. Proud and humbling experience watching our players unite in the circle. Class act by both clubs and supporters.

Many here in Vic have felt the impact on today's horrific event. Thoughts are with you all.

Chin up SA.

Vale Phil Walsh

I think part of it is that Phil came here for a new start, a new beginning. for him and for us, there was a lot of s**t to be put in the past and to start again.

I think it's because his breath of fresh air was so new, so recent, that we were learning to look hopefully towards tomorrow, that having all the wind taken from our sails hurts so much.

A new beginning. A new start. new hope and the gloomy times behind us. The symbolism of his carrying on for bails. His story matched ours.

I knew I liked him when he said he wouldn't talk about his game plan. You'd know it when you saw it. Man conversations. The word for getting close, it's called losing. The respect around the league, the respect of the media. The whole footy world had just started buying into the Phil Walsh experience. He made us feel energised and relevant.

It's not that he was destined for success, I'm not certain he was, but it was the road, the journey. it had only just started, and it's over too soon
Yes, refreshing is what he was.

Hidden away all those years but suddenly ready to expose himself and share himself with the public as he will have known had to happen as a senior coach.

As Robbo said, the media were like moths to a flame, his pressers were the hottest ticket in coach town. Formula one footy, Van Gogh - he was so quotable.

From his public persona there was just a sense he knew exactly where we were going - might take a while - but that was refreshing in itself. Just for once there seemed to be a plan that went beyond 8th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back