Spotless Stadium (Showgrounds at Homebush)

Mogwai

Club Legend
Dec 14, 2012
The Capitol
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Central Coast Mariners
North Adelaide Crows
North Adelaide Power
Subiaco Eagles
Subiaco Dockers
Moore Park Swans
Sydney Olympic Park Giants
Woolloongabba Lions
Carrara Suns
South Geelong Cats
Richmond Tigers (got one right)
Richmond Magpies
Richmond Demons
Richmond Hawks
Richmond Blues
Docklands Bombers
Docklands Kangaroos
Docklands Saints
Docklands Bulldogs

Actually it's the East Melbourne Tigers. Punt Rd is the boundary and we are on the side of East Melbourne.

WinnerIsGeelong

Draftee
Jul 3, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Travelled to Spotless last year for the Cats-Giants clash.

Getting in, out and around the ground was so easy that I'd have to say (despite a pole obscuring my vision during the match) that Spotless Stadium is the best stadium I've ever been to. Loved the wide range of food outlets too - not everyone likes pies and sausage rolls.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Travelled to Spotless last year for the Cats-Giants clash.

Getting in, out and around the ground was so easy that I'd have to say (despite a pole obscuring my vision during the match) that Spotless Stadium is the best stadium I've ever been to. Loved the wide range of food outlets too - not everyone likes pies and sausage rolls.
Was the reason for the easy access the fact that the ground was only a third full? :p

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Its a 26k capacity stadium

30% capacity you would need to ask the nrl with ANZ and the demons with the MCG and bulldogs saints with Etihad
We know it clears out well with 30% capacity, that's why I asked how well it clears out when it's full :)

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Not really. Just a very well built stadium.

Being used outside footy:
The show-stopping Stadium Super Trucks will spread its wings to Sydney with an event confirmed for Spotless Stadium at the Olympic Park venue on October 31.

Huge public interest has prompted the US-based trucks to add the Sydney stadium event to its already widely publicised booking on the program for the Castrol Gold Coast 600 from October 23-26.

Creator Robby Gordon will dispatch 10 trucks from Charlotte, North Carolina, with a mix of US and Australian drivers to be confirmed in the near future.

The 600bhp trucks will kick off with street races complete with launching ramps at the Surfers Paradise street track before preparing for the Sydney event.

Sydney will be the first time the Super Trucks have competed in a dedicated stadium environment outside North America.

& there is more
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/08/07/video-stadium-super-trucks-sydney-event/

Back