If Brendon Ah Chee ever hits you with a left hook

Remove this Banner Ad

PAFC would greatly benefit from the rise of AhChee. We need player 188cm and a few kilos in their favour against our opposition.

We already have a number of stars like Wingard in the "banter weight" division but lack the rotations of decent sized guys with pace. AhChee is our man for our needs!

Said gday and well done to Arch last night as he was in the corporate area where I was... I didn't linger... I was in no condition to do so.

Had his little bro with him... Wonder if Port brought him across with an eye on drafting him.

Please tell us you didn't show him your dance moves. ;)

Watching this for several minutes has done a little bit to cheer me up after the horrible news of yesterday.

vbwAbOk.gif

How hard in at the packs does he go? Absolutely ferocious in there. His aggression at the ball is absolutely what we need right now.
This is what has captured my excitement about him. The aggression at the pack.

The way Butcher instilled hope into the final month of games in 2011, AhChee and perhaps Amon and Harvey can give us something to cling onto during the back end of this year.

How hard in at the packs does he go? Absolutely ferocious in there. His aggression at the ball is absolutely what we need right now.

And at the player. When our noble Australian of the Year decided he was going to shove skinny 20 year old Sam Colquhoun in the back well after the ball had gone out of bounds, the only two guys to fly the flag were fringe players P. Stew and Ah Chee. That says a lot about those two, but unfortunately it says a lot about their teammates as well. And I'm sure Koch will make them both publicly apologise for being racist soon enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone comment on his kicking at sanfl level? At afl level so far it's been sub par, but lots if other things to like about him
Not a stand-out quality by any means, but his kicking in the SANFL is reasonable.

I think he had quite a few rushed kicks on his (non-preferred) left foot on Thursday, which made his kicking look worse than it really is.

And at the player. When our noble Australian of the Year decided he was going to shove skinny 20 year old Sam Colquhoun in the back well after the ball had gone out of bounds, the only two guys to fly the flag were fringe players P. Stew and Ah Chee. That says a lot about those two, but unfortunately it says a lot about their teammates as well. And I'm sure Koch will make them both publicly apologise for being racist soon enough.

It wasn't a big deal to react but for us I was pleased Stewart and Ah Chee went in. Is it showing the differences of the coaches?

Not a stand-out quality by any means, but his kicking in the SANFL is reasonable.

I think he had quite a few rushed kicks on his (non-preferred) left foot on Thursday, which made his kicking look worse than it really is.

The poor kicking is an issue at the club. In the sanfl his kick is not noticeably poor and is pretty good for goals.

I realise that highlights are just that and underage clips can mislead but the clip shows what Ah Chee is capable of. His kicking is a bit of a mixed bag in this package as he gets plenty of distance and is accurate shooting at goal but he also turns the ball over a couple of times. I particularly like his recovery and ability to read the play.

I made this exact comment in the Matchday thread. Ah Chee's physicality was a breath of fresh air; quite a lot of taking on the tackler too for such a raw kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back