Round 14 - Richmond vs. GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

If I have to hear one more Victoria based supporter say they never get a good run with the umps at home I'll just show them that last quarter. How that was not paid holding the ball at the end is a joke, spun around around in the tackle like three times and taken to the ground which jars to ball out for a Richmond goal....lol

Well done to both teams and especially the Tigers faithful for that effort at the end there.

That non-free against Miles in the final minute was the worst decision of the year and cost the Giants any chance of winning the game. I've also noticed Miles has mastered the Duckwood technique.

You lot clearly missed the first 3 quarters where GWS were gifted multiple goals from horrid decisions. Richmond way harder at the ball and man in the last and it reflected in free kicks

I think I just watched a different game than last night. Frees paid they were ignored last night.

Then in the last quarter gws got dropping the ball frees against gws and Richmond got away with exactly the same. Either those umps are cheats or they are utterly incompetent. Either way they should be sacked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations Richmond, on yet again for back to back years proving to be the inconsistent basket case of the AFL

Some of those holding the ball decisions against the giants were ridiculously harsh and certainly didn't go the other way when tigers players were tackled moments after taking possession.

Definitely the crowd influencing umpires with this one, the tigers don't deserve the 4 points.

Richmond did look a lot more polished with the game on the line, so I wouldn't say they didn't deserve the win.

But you're right, the HTB interpretation was completely different depending on which team had the ball. The Treloar call was obviously just a guess because he got a clear handball, and the Miles non-call was just incompetence. At the very least it was a throw. Both lead to Richmond goals.

Umpiring swung the game in our favour in the last I agree, but it swung the gametheirs in the first half. Gws had double our free kicks at half time, despite inconsistent interpretations. Theumpiring was horrible both ways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back