Autopsy Round 14: Richmond V GWS @ MCG - Changes for Carlton

Vote for your top 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was pleasing at the end of the game to see the 2 sides repeat the respect shown by Hawks & Pies last night by taking a moment in the middle of the ground and to witness the MCG once again go completely silent at the same time was much better than singing the song for mine.

Cotch came out of the three-quarter time spray from Dimma looking -- as they say -- "ashen-faced". Dunno what he said at half-time against Sydney last week but it looked pretty clear what the message was today. "WHAT THE * DO YOU CALL THAT, YOU BUNCH OF CAMPAIGNERS?"

I love you blokes. Game threads are absolutely hilarious when we are down in games. :hearts:

Not even for a moment in that game was I doubting the boys. We were always going to win. I was 100% sure of it.
Give me the tatts number for tonight(b4 draw) then i'll believe you.:p:D

lmaoooooo

EF634150-86C2-4522-886F-2676C2D82743.jpg
For those that wanted an avatar

EF634150-86C2-4522-886F-2676C2D82743_1.jpg

Think almost everything has been covered.

Defence: I think our defenders other than Rance deserve a good chunk credit, not specifically referring to today, Chappy, Dylbot and Bach to name a few have all been very solid this year. Vlastuin has also been solid, would just like to see him

Miles: Great to see him play well against his old team. They gave him a bit of stick but at the end of the day he played better than almost all of their players plus he was on the winning side.

Ellis: Beat Scully in the first half. I don't know much about Scully these days though, but Ellis still dampened his impact and ran him off his feet. Not sure what happened second half, guess the plan just changed.

Inevitable detailed Deledio mention: Could easily become one of the best half forwards in the league right now despite being injured. Just needs to get his set shot accuracy down and he'll kick 2-5 every week. Downsides are his ability to make a lead at full pace won't be there, he won't be able to chase down running defenders and he has lost a bit of distance in his kicking. His accuracy let him down today which was disappointing, easy to say that we didn't have many straight shooters but a player as good as he is should be nailing those shots. I think he had 2 free kicks against him for in the back, both of them complete bullshit, much like most of the frees against us today. On three ocassions he made perfect leads inside 50. One went a few metres over his head, the second he was ignored (the kicker went for goal, shanked it and turned it over) and the third was Vickery who was looking for Lids who had just spun his opponent, but instead of Ty waiting for Lids to create the needed distance between himself and the defender, he kicked straight away and there was another turnover. Not good to see but I suppose it'll take time to adjust if that's the plan going into the future.

Ra
Think almost everything has been covered.

Defence: I think our defenders other than Rance deserve a good chunk credit, not specifically referring to today, Chappy, Dylbot and Bach to name a few have all been very solid this year. Vlastuin has also been solid, would just like to see him

Miles: Great to see him play well against his old team. They gave him a bit of stick but at the end of the day he played better than almost all of their players plus he was on the winning side.

Ellis: Beat Scully in the first half. I don't know much about Scully these days though, but Ellis still dampened his impact and ran him off his feet. Not sure what happened second half, guess the plan just changed.

Inevitable detailed Deledio mention: Could easily become one of the best half forwards in the league right now despite being injured. Just needs to get his set shot accuracy down and he'll kick 2-5 every week. Downsides are his ability to make a lead at full pace won't be there, he won't be able to chase down running defenders and he has lost a bit of distance in his kicking. His accuracy let him down today which was disappointing, easy to say that we didn't have many straight shooters but a player as good as he is should be nailing those shots. I think he had 2 free kicks against him for in the back, both of them complete bullshit, much like most of the frees against us today. On three ocassions he made perfect leads inside 50. One went a few metres over his head, the second he was ignored (the kicker went for goal, shanked it and turned it over) and the third was Vickery who was looking for Lids who had just spun his opponent, but instead of Ty waiting for Lids to create the needed distance between himself and the defender, he kicked straight away and there was another turnover. Not good to see but I suppose it'll take time to adjust if that's the plan going into the future.
i thought Rance was your best player. Not sure how you concluded Ellis ran Scully off his feet.

I know ill get slammed by some but I was impressed in the end (not all game). We usually lose games like these by 20 odd points but the boys responded to Dimma near having a heart attack at 3/4 time and found a way to get up. Good footy teams find a way to win when they are not playing their best footy.

Not at all. Hawthorn, Sydney and Freo dont win every game pretty. The difference has often been between the good teams is that they have found a way to grind out these games and find a way to win.
For most of the game it was ugly and not the game style we want to play but that is pretty hard to do for 22 weeks. I am pleased that the Tigers played poorly (and GWS did pretty well lets not take too much from them) and still managed to grind out a win. To me these games are even more impimportant as if you give up too many of these ugly games you scrap it out for position 7-10.

Ugly game Tigers but great win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Bachar was ordinary until the last qtr...but he's picked up 32 disposals???
Funny what we see and what we miss in a game.

It is weird, depends on your perspective eg I was behind the goals and you really notice his run and work rate. Gone from question marks on hardness to absolutely totally committed to the contest. Cotchin nearly killed him and Bachar did not hesitate to take a big hit he knew was coming.

Ra

i thought Rance was your best player. Not sure how you concluded Ellis ran Scully off his feet.

Scully and Ellis followed eachother around for a lot of the first half, Ellis got a lot of his disposals due to running off Scully who either couldn't keep up or for whatever reason just didn't want to.

He went through em alright. Imagine the bakes he must dish out "in the four walls"

Funny how things change.
On this board there is/was a fair cohort calling Dimma too close and matey with the players, unwilling to make the hard calls.
What you saw today was a glimpse of reality.

The old Tigers would have had the same result as what's happening to North at the moment.
Overwhelming favourites coming to collect their 4 points and percentage and go home.

Too even a comp now to be complacent against any side.

Credit to GWS, the came out hard and maintained it for a consistent 3 1/2 quarters.
We hung in and got the points.

Not pretty, and I'll be deleting the recording, but as everyone's been saying - these are the games we have to win.

And we did.

Go Tiges

#lolnorf

Just got back from the game lads, and I feel I must apologise, 3rd quarter Deledio point and Vickery's second set shot went directly to me. Even managed to mark Tyrone's point. That's what I get for sitting behind the behind post. I'm a ******* ball magnet. Can't believe we won that, didn't deserve it.

Ra

Rance is one of our best players. He was absolutely s**t today. Got destroyed and couldn't hold onto the footy to save his life. Happy he came back after that big hit though.

Just back from the game...far out, talk about a scrappy dirty win
Good to make something out of nothing and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat
Sheds was awesome in the last
Cotch great for all 4 quarters
Dusty pretty good all game
Batch solid on the dangerous Mcarthy...took the points
Rance good when it mattered in the last
Dimmas sprat at 3 quarter time was exactly what was needed...shame the side needs a spray
KMac was excellent when he came on...it was his deft touches to teammates, place kicks...good run

Changes...Gordo out...was meh...ran to the wrong spots, didn't offer much at all

Go tigers...loved the roar when Sheds slotted that ripper from 50... Nothing beats a tiger roar

He is gone. He looks at Steele coming in and throws out his arm. I don't reckon he meant to clock him just keeping from going up. But its high and reckless because he threw his arm out to make contact.

1 week.
Being an Ex Ruckman,Your 1st instinct is to throw out your arms to either protect yourself or use your arm to keep the other ruckman out.If Ivan gets rubbed out i would appeal on that basis alone.

What people dont realize is that you can be both

Few can really pull it off for the desired result IMHO....

Back