Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it, could be icing sugar for all we know... Are there any photos of him actually taking it either?

I know the Courier Mail plays fast and loose with reality more than most Murdoch shitrags, but the lawyers would not have let them say Bennell was doing lines of speed on the front page without corroboration.

Given Harley's past history there is every possibility he already has 2 strikes against his name and as far as I'm aware there is no way for our club or any others for that matter are privy to that information, big risk, one I'd personally not be taking. And any idea he would come cheap anyhow is flawed as other clubs who already have strong lists like the Hawks, Pies etc are much better positioned than us to take one helluva risk.

Simply we cannot afford the risk IMO.

Spot on with that call

I know the Courier Mail plays fast and loose with reality more than most Murdoch shitrags, but the lawyers would not have let them say Bennell was doing lines of speed on the front page without corroboration.
Yep. Robbo on SEN tonight said News Corp had discussions with Bennell, Gold Coast, the AFL and the AFLPA yesterday and tried to give them an opportunity to make it a 'the world is against me' type article rather than what the produced, but Bennell refused to tell his side of the story.

With Andrew Mcleod and Eddie Betts in our corner, this gives me enormious hope we could turn him around and get him to play his best football.

Yes, we should be pushing for him to come to the crows.

Not sure what he's worth right now but maybe a pick between 15 and 30 right now.
If it was for a 2nd rounder I'd take the chance in a heartbeat (provided Bennell actually indicates he'll try to clean up his act).

Bennell would be worth undertaking some due diligence initially. Who knows what's actually beneath the surface.

If it's a long history and indications are that we are dealing with an addiction in the way of Ben Cousins - then no, pass.

It's an attractive scenario but has the potential to backfire big time.

Been saying for 12 months Bonner is the one we desperately need.
Yes i follow the 18s comp.

Skippos i know youre a fan. Whats his draft range now the Champs are done? 20 - 30?
For mine we might reach with our first, but have a steal if hes still at our second.

WOuld love Bonner with our 1 and Tahana wit our 2
Bonner has played himself into the first round, he's third SA kid picked from what I can see

1. So you can't see how a union that represents players would be upset if a player who wants to go home can't? They are. Why do you think players always get home. It is the AFL protecting the system to suit the players, they don't want the players angry. They get to their state. The difference is here that rather than getting home to a Melbourne based club, he has really only one option to go "home" which makes it more difficult than normal. As I have stated the AFLPA do not view (and have publicly stated) that they do not view Melbourne as home for a Geelong player.

2.The implications from Dangerfield is that if the system hasn't failed it's a lot harder to bargain for change. If the system fails, it gives an example in negotiations on what needs to be changed. It gives greater strength to the AFLPA arguments. The strength of arguments are exceptionally important in such negotiations. You seem to act like you are involved in such negotiations so you would be aware of this. Its a lot harder to advocate change if their are no issues. The AFL will make sure the problem goes away and their won't be any issues in a secondary trade or anything like that.

3. The AFL and clubs are against Free Agency and I don't know which coach you are talking about. The whole system fails with complete free agency, lack of draft and lack of salary cap. The restrictions are important to equalization. The AFL needs equalization otherwise the rich will win every year.

4. The AFL free agency system is nothing like the NBA so how does one reply to any comments you have made about the NBA.

5. Your concept of "fair" then means "fair" forever isn't even worth going into. Surely, you could comprehend that "fair" then doesn't mean "fair" now or for the future. The concept of "fair" constantly changes. It was once "fair" to deny women the vote, it was once "fair" to deny Aboriginals citizenship, it was once "fair" to hang, draw and quarter people. "Fair" constantly changes and evolves.

6. Good to see you can avoid making personal insults rather than try counteract with logic and/or facts.

Unless you can show us a rule where it is illegal to match, an AFL club saying they will never match, the AFLPA saying no club should ever match, Please * off and stop posting the same dribble over and over again.

1. So you can't see how a union that represents players would be upset if a player who wants to go home can't? They are. Why do you think players always get home. It is the AFL protecting the system to suit the players, they don't want the players angry. They get to their state. The difference is here that rather than getting home to a Melbourne based club, he has really only one option to go "home" which makes it more difficult than normal. As I have stated the AFLPA do not view (and have publicly stated) that they do not view Melbourne as home for a Geelong player.

2.The implications from Dangerfield is that if the system hasn't failed it's a lot harder to bargain for change. If the system fails, it gives an example in negotiations on what needs to be changed. It gives greater strength to the AFLPA arguments. The strength of arguments are exceptionally important in such negotiations. You seem to act like you are involved in such negotiations so you would be aware of this. Its a lot harder to advocate change if their are no issues. The AFL will make sure the problem goes away and their won't be any issues in a secondary trade or anything like that.

3. The AFL and clubs are against Free Agency and I don't know which coach you are talking about. The whole system fails with complete free agency, lack of draft and lack of salary cap. The restrictions are important to equalization. The AFL needs equalization otherwise the rich will win every year.

4. The AFL free agency system is nothing like the NBA so how does one reply to any comments you have made about the NBA.

5. Your concept of "fair" then means "fair" forever isn't even worth going into. Surely, you could comprehend that "fair" then doesn't mean "fair" now or for the future. The concept of "fair" constantly changes. It was once "fair" to deny women the vote, it was once "fair" to deny Aboriginals citizenship, it was once "fair" to hang, draw and quarter people. "Fair" constantly changes and evolves.

6. Good to see you can avoid making personal insults rather than try counteract with logic and/or facts.

Maybe leave it for a little while mate, at the moment there are bigger things in life than how RFA might affect those involved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Will Hoskin-Elliott and Josh Kelly can't get games with GWS at the moment due to their embarrassment of riches.

Would absolutely LOVE either of them at the Crows. Expensive gets though.

Even Sam Day having a pretty fair afternoon in defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back