Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add another week for the bye next week after playing today. Good to have him back.

Ugly game of footy with Rochy finding a way to get over the line against Mooroopna. Stacking backline by Mooroopna was good tactically, and made it a "2005 Sydney-esque" style game with low scoring and a heap of stoppages. Rochy also couldn't buy a goal kicking 8.17.

Good win by Rochy really. Game looked lost until three Rochy goals in the last few minutes to pinch it. Big game by Brady Green. Ground was a bit heavy? Shane McDonald massive for the Cats.

Euroa must be kicking themselves - 8 of the first 9 goals but still lost to the Swans.

Bears competitive against Kyabram and Echuca nearly got Seymour.

Why is there a bye next weekend?

Rochy v Mooroopna was an ugly game to watch - Mooroopna had 3 extra players in their backline all game, which just clogged up the forward line for Rochy. Looked like it was working well for them, however, Rochy kicked a couple of quick goals in the last two minutes to seal the win.

Rochy v Mooroopna was an ugly game to watch - Mooroopna had 3 extra players in their backline all game, which just clogged up the forward line for Rochy. Looked like it was working well for them, however, Rochy kicked a couple of quick goals in the last two minutes to seal the win.

How did Rochy get all those points? From general play? Missed chances from marks/free kicks?

Add another week for the bye next week after playing today. Good to have him back.

Ugly game of footy with Rochy finding a way to get over the line against Mooroopna. Stacking backline by Mooroopna was good tactically, and made it a "2005 Sydney-esque" style game with low scoring and a heap of stoppages. Rochy also couldn't buy a goal kicking 8.17.

Didn't see the game but Rochy appeared to dominate on the scoreboard with 3 goals 8 in the last term. Was it pressure or missed opportunity? How did Brennan go?

How did Rochy get all those points? From general play? Missed chances from marks/free kicks?
A lot of marks taken wide near the boundaries with shots on goal, and quite a lot of kicks went in about 5 to 10 metres from the goal line and were punched through. Rochy overused the footy by trying to handball too much in the forward line at times and with the extra players down back there was a lot of congestion, with snaps and kicks around the corner.

Mooroopna couldn't get it past the centre very often in the last quarter, as Rochy's spare players just dropped back and created a wall... played 85% in Rochy's forward line with about 38 players in Rochy's forward half.

A lot of marks taken wide near the boundaries with shots on goal, and quite a lot of kicks went in about 5 to 10 metres from the goal line and were punched through. Rochy overused the footy by trying to handball too much in the forward line at times and with the extra players down back there was a lot of congestion, with snaps and kicks around the corner.

Mooroopna couldn't get it past the centre very often in the last quarter, as Rochy's spare players just dropped back and created a wall... played 85% in Rochy's forward line with about 38 players in Rochy's forward half.

Did they agree to play 19 a side on the ground at any one time? Or was that like the weather and it "felt like" 38 players? 38 players as Ralphy Wiggum once said " That's Unpossible!"

Good to see the backline for Mooroopna finally getting some assistance. Certainly a tactic utilised by successful clubs.

Good to see the backline for Mooroopna finally getting some assistance. Certainly a tactic utilised by successful clubs.

I must say steffy, people like you annoy me with your veiled aspersions that you never follow up. It's like the other classic: 'ex-AFL player coming to our club ....."

Name the bloody player rather than stuff around ... We can all allude to things. Put up or shut up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benalla looking ominous hitting some good form , obviously Tatura struggling with lots of young players , Josh Mellington very hard to stop with such a talented midfeild .

I must say steffy, people like you annoy me with your veiled aspersions that you never follow up. It's like the other classic: 'ex-AFL player coming to our club ....."

Name the bloody player rather than stuff around ... We can all allude to things. Put up or shut up.
Sorry mate, I think you have misunderstood. It was a compliment to Mooroopna based on the previous posts. I wasn't at the game but it sounded great tactically to get so close to the undefeated Rochester. Not sure why you think there are players to be named and 'veiled aspersions'.

I was at Rochy yesterday and have to say it was a difficult game to watch. I applaud Mooroopna for coming up with a tactic that almost won the game but as a spectator I hope that Rochy can find a way to overcome this tactic so that the rest of the year isn't played the same way. The game was mostly played in Rochy's forward half and they must've had twice the inside 50's. Pretty good effort to get over the line after it looked gone with a couple of minutes to go.

Oh no.... Dare I say it....here we go again....two incidents at the Ech v Seymour game yesterday I believe. One behind play and another incident involving the same player from Seymour. Could be interesting what comes of this from what I hear. It's really Saad

Oh no.... Dare I say it....here we go again....two incidents at the Ech v Seymour game yesterday I believe. One behind play and another incident involving the same player from Seymour. Could be interesting what comes of this from what I hear. It's really Saad

#5 from Seymour was throwing cheap late ones against Rochy several weeks back when I watched the game at Kings Park.

Three central umpires appointed to each GVFL Senior game on the weekend, can we assume that these incidents were reported?

Whoever wrote todays yet again over dramatised 3 page article in the riv should be sacked . A player coping a slight cut and a bump does not suffice the dramatic article that was written .
If he was as injured as the paper has tried to insinuate he should not of gone back upon the ground and the medical staff at EFC should be kicked up the arse.
Reading between the lines it was a incident which occurs in almost every game and the riv has again over dramatised yet another incident .

Benalla looking ominous hitting some good form , obviously Tatura struggling with lots of young players , Josh Mellington very hard to stop with such a talented midfeild .
Farren Priest had his first run in the reserves on Saturday and kicked 5 goals although it was against an undermanned Tatura

I think it and a riposte from Roar might have disappeared....

I did make a point of reading the opinion piece referred to in the Riv and the subtext appears to be a social commentary on the issue of violence in football as the editor includes the Moama incudent from MFL Round 1 as well as revisiting the Beattie incident in what appearst to be some overarching conspiracy about violence in our game.

The Riv seems to embrace the old journalist adage: 'negativity, violence and fear of violence' = increased readership and subsequent profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back