Review Post match discussion/vent thread vs Gold Coast

Tonight the Waite trade looks almost on Cam Hay,Lance Piccone, whoever that tool was from Geelong who played one good game against Us in his life and got drafted - level

It wasn't a trade.

This is what I think is the crux of the problem:

Reporter: "What sort of team do you want North to become and in what sort of areas do you think you have fallen short of the mark?"

Crocker: "The type of team the players, the coaches, the supporter, the members all want is one that uh is a really hard team to beat..."

No mate, ******* no. We are a team that wants to win as many ******* flags as humanly ******* possible and to do that we have to be the ******* best and if we are the ******* best then we are going to naturally be hard to ******* beat. If your only ******* goal is just be difficult to beat that means your eye is totally off the ball in terms of what the required standard you are aiming for.

If you want to be ******* hard to beat mate then get rid of our forwrd line and push the whole ******* team into the defensive 50, it will ******* hard to score bloody anything but we still wont win jack s**t.
That's the crux of it Tas.

A ******* excellent post that totally nails it.

* this "yeah we just want to be a good side" s**t and the rest will take care of itself malarkey.

It's half arsed and smacks of average.

Bigming

Club Legend
May 31, 2015
Hong Kong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Millers
The 'ring a ring a rosie handballs' is dead on!
Yeah I just saw some replay and noticed this handball-circlejerking. Is this a new strategy? Like when players are interviewed and inevitably draw out the '...I just go out and play my role...' bs, I wonder how this mystical handballing is divided into separate roles?

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
It was all positives from my vantage point this week.

I was proud of our boys maintaining their respect in the AFL community by abstaining from sledging. The last thing I'd want is for us to embarrass a team already down on their confidence and risk losing our social standing.

Brad Scott cops a lot of stick on this site. But seeing him back at this week and the correlation to this week's standard of performance was reassuring. His presence really does seem to directly affect the team afterall.

People worry about us getting pyrrhic victories and papering over the cracks. But did we just have a "tear the wallpaper off" loss instead? Surely that's a positive?

I thank the current football department of the North Melbourne Football Club for their fantastic recruitment, development and mental and physical preparation of the squad and for it all to culminate in the spiritual reinvigoration of the very drug-adled franchise WE could've become just makes it all the more special.

To top it all off, naturally north reliably informed us Wild Bill scored some coitus out of the result.

Psychic Roo

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2007
California
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
San Diego Chargers
Watch the replay. How many times did firitto go third up. Ill tell u . Zero. There were lots of chances. Archer would have taken the chance every time. He is a big guy. 200+ games. No good.

Psychic Roo

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2007
California
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
San Diego Chargers
Ps thompson is gone. Plays for frees. No presence. Other teams have worked him out. Dont let him b third in. We r in massive trouble down back. Cant defend one on one and turn it over when we get it. Horrific.

Ps thompson is gone. Plays for frees. No presence. Other teams have worked him out. Dont let him b third in. We r in massive trouble down back. Cant defend one on one and turn it over when we get it. Horrific.

You can add fumbles, can't keep his feet, chases kicks on the wing and hospital kicks and handballs. Gone backwards at a rate of knots

Lavy_Panther

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2005
Mumbai Dustbowl
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Parthiv Patel
Gastro caused the 2nd most amount of s**t to come from the club this week.

That was as poor a performance as I can remember from this group.

That was as difficult a match to watch as I've seen, ******* horrid. Just burn the tape.

Psychic Roo

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2007
California
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
San Diego Chargers
There have been way too many effirts like this. Something is really really wrong
Maybe its coming home to roost now
Better players r introverts +/- selfish - swallow, harvey, dal santo, wells, cunnington
Lots of rookie list elevatiions with limitations that r found out - spud, gibson, mcmahon, mullet, thompson, daw
Better draft pix with issues - jz turns ball over and no tank, mckenzie, tarrant- injuries, atley - dispoal and diesnt get it,
Recruits - waite. Selfish and no good.

Kciza

All Australian
Jun 2, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We have a defence that can't actually defend, a midfield that struggles to win the ball and then struggles to use it, and a forward line that struggles to take marks and kick goals. At least we have a good ruckman.

Positives:

- Obligatory mention of Lindsay's mark
- Witnessing the mad scramble by the pro-Crocs/anti-Braddles camp to shift demarcation lines in the face of tonight's result
- The wonderful synergy created by the team losing their s**t all last week, and the certainty that is supporters losing their s**t all this week....sticking together is what good waffles do
- Changes thread should be a hoot

Just the one negative tonight for mine....

It's a little thing I like to call "the whole game".

XXX5

Premiership Player
Aug 16, 2009
The Palace of Culture
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just watched the replay.

Tough but Higgo was excellent. Good pick up for North.

With a bit of support I can see him really dominating games for you guys.

Oct 14, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I only watched the first three quarters as I had to go out but I couldn't believe the lack of effort ...
When we played you earlier in the year we lost two of our best to suspensions and really cracked in which told me Clarko was worried about you guys come September. He is very strategic.
I tipped you to finish fourth at the start of the year.
Sometimes an outside perspective can be good, sorry if it is just annoying but to me I see a really good team that lacks leadership.
We're struggling a fair bit this year but when the chips are down we have guys who lift and influence the rest and change the momentum of the game.
I don't really see that from you guys and I think that's the actual problem rather than your coach or list.

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC

Yes a side with 140.9 games experience and only 2 players less than 50 games serves this stuff up regularly, cannot hit a target and has the skill level of the u9s at the half time break.

So fast forward to the end of the year with say Wells, Bastinac and we have a 160 game average game team that misses finals or are mid table at best.

The word average as in mediocre sums NMFC up and the last 2, 7 year regimes.

2015 team photo?

2015 team photo.jpeg

Back