Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GO YOU CROW BOYS
Details are starting to come out so lets have on place to discuss the actual event itself. Please don't discuss in other threads.

This could become quite emotive for many of us. Please respect site rules. Please respect each other and Walshy's family and his memory.

I must admit I was tempted to put down some 'ground rules' for the thread. But site rules should cover things and I'd rather trust people's decency.

Last edited:

whitey_1975

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Around the Bend
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
All OZ BBallerz,PPenguins,CBengals
That has been something I have been unable to get out of my head. Was he able to fight back, did he let his son stab him and just stand there stunned and broken? Being stabbed in the back while in bed, at least he didn't see it coming. OMG. So desperately bad and heart wrenching.:(:(:cry::cry:

There simply is no way for a rational person to get their head around this. As further details come out it becomes all the more surreal.

The AFC and its supporters will need each other to pull through this, if at all possible.

Stick fat guys, every footy supporter is thinking of you and the Walsh family.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
There's just another heart crumble reading that article, the heart shrinks for a moment and the eyes well up. The torment that the family and loved ones are going through is boggling.
On other threads issues of the funeral were mentioned concerning games, timetables and logistics but all I could think about was whether his son would be able to attend, obviously not, one would think and what would that do to him. So, so totally f***ed up on so, so many tangents.

Roo Lives Again

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
What a disgraceful gutless act and then he celebrates afterwards. I hope he gets his just desserts in prison. Of course he did it that way because he is gutless and Phil would've taught him a lesson if he'd been prepared for it. I wish this was just a bad dream. Phil's wife and daughter must be in agony.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GFrost

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Just when you think the shock is wearing off and you start to wrap your head around it, you read details like that and boom, it's back to disbelief and knot in the stomach....

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
What a disgraceful gutless act and then he celebrates afterwards. I hope he gets his just desserts in prison. Of course he did it that way because he is gutless and Phil would've taught him a lesson if he'd been prepared for it. I wish this was just a bad dream. Phil's wife and daughter must be in agony.
I think it's fair to assume that the kid wasn't in his normal state of mind. I understand your point but I think it needs to be tempered a bit. We don't know the facts and need to be careful on behalf of everyone involved.

crowgirl

Debutant
Aug 8, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWT Eagles!
Bloody hell, Mr Trobbiani was my economics teacher. Adelaide is so small.
He was mine too. Wonderful teacher and lovely man.... this whole thing is never ending agony....

My dad and I were saying last night we wondered if he was in bed at that time.... if he wasn't in bed that maybe the outcome would have resembled more of a struggle.

It's all so horrific I can't manage to sleep. I'm just so angry and upset.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
He was mine too. Wonderful teacher and lovely man.... this whole thing is never ending agony....

My dad and I were saying last night we wondered if he was in bed at that time.... if he wasn't in bed that maybe the outcome would have resembled more of a struggle.

It's all so horrific I can't manage to sleep. I'm just so angry and upset.
There comes a point when we all have to walk away from the mass of info that will deluge us all surrounding this. There will be so many media outlets looking for so many scoops, background stories and theorising about this and that event or possibility. It will become maddening and for some overwhelming. Try not to get swept up in it, we have all become info junkies. It doesn't have to play out like that.

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal
There comes a point when we all have to walk away from the mass of info that will deluge us all surrounding this. There will be so many media outlets looking for so many scoops, background stories and theorising about this and that event or possibility. It will become maddening and for some overwhelming. Try not to get swept up in it, we have all become info junkies. It doesn't have to play out like that.

I never like when a paper uses the term (insert paper name here) understands blah blah blah. Where would this account have come from? I can't imagine the police, or Mrs Walsh would be talking about the finer details of the ongoing investigation.

amer

Cancelled
Nov 26, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Having read Cy's blog, the way he talks about people as objects, and knowing a little bit about the subject, if he is not a clinical psychopath, I'll eat my hat.

Clearly, if it happened as described, it was premeditated. I'd be shocked if it wasn't because of Phil's now very public profile, as a means of getting at people. It's how they work. Phil describing the disconnect with his son, it just...I would be absolutely gobsmacked if this is not the case.

Psychopaths are a scourge on society. This public outpouring - exactly what he was looking for. Hence the celebration at his arrest. So shattered for all involved, his family especially. God damn, to have been touched by something like this, as a community at large. Holy god damn ****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back