International Racing 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly mate - have no idea what races you where watching the whole week - you've got no clue.

And he has been jocked off for the July Cup - Godolphin could have kept him on if they wanted as they did at Ascot

#vindication.

You show your ignorance - BB raced in Australian ownership in the Jubilee - After that it is now fully in the ownership of Godolphin - One of their 2 stable jockeys will ride BB in the July Cup - Why would you use Williams.

yaco55, we all know you love a bit Gai, what did you think about Wandjina running over 1200m? A distance that he has never performed close to his best at in Australia.

I found it to be just a baffling as Williams' ride in all honesty, an arrogant training tragedy some might say. Clearly Gai had him going as well as she ever has for him to run as well as he did over a sprint trip (this was the best run over 1200m or less of his career easily), but was it a case of a trainer thinking she was just too bloody good and turning her nose up at his form over a distance that suggested he was never a realistic hope in?

Perhaps it was the Bateman's suggestion to run him in the KS and I'm pointing the finger at the wrong person?

Interested to know your thoughts, thanks.

It was all about the breeding barn. Wandjina had 6 weeks between the Australian Guineas and the All Aged Stakes - Breeders wanted win an open age WFA race to add value to Wandjina's stallion fee - As it stands, Wandjina was probably a touch off the top autumn Group 1 races. Anyway at least the horse had a light preparation before he went to stud - Have no idea how Wandjina will do at stud - Will add that I never touch Gai's horses on a straight track - they have an appalling record.

Biggest issue for me during the Brisbane Winter Carnival was entry system into the big races - It was done by prizemoney, instead of benchmark rating - This needs to be revised.

What do you think of the Eclipse?

Track is a joke - like Moonee Valley - is generally a leaders paradise.

If it's fairly run Golden Horn should win easily. But any of Cougar Mountain - Western Hymn - The Great Gatsby could win if they sit handily and get first run. Definitely a no bet race.

Won :p

Obviously I backed the fave at $2.50 the night before - starts $1.66, trades $1.38 in running - barely finishes third :rolleyes:

Just further proof that times in 2yo races mean everything. :D

What did he pay?

So you're saying... SYT running down Workforce was the greatest win of all time?? :D

Haha you joke - but that was actually an amazing win given the way the race was run and the horse he had to run down. Almost as good as his first Cox Plate Win and his Arc run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very impressive, always a risk when they come back in distance but just walked away in the end.

Is he going to the Arc?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Dettori say he would stick with Free Eagle if it came to an arc?

You're wrong. Free Eagles is trained by Dermott Weld who has Smullen as a stable rider.

Also Free Eagle fell in against Gatsby at Royal Ascot - would be shocked if he ever beat Golden Horn on decent ground.

Golden Horn given a provisional rating of 130 for his Eclipse win - if affirmed would make him the highest rated horse in the world.

rideclutch - want to rename this thread European Racing?
Can do. Might go with International racing just to cover a few more bases.

With the July Cup coming up on the weekend get a look at the finish from Stravinsky in the 1999 edition - talk about putting a race to bed in the last furlong!

Looking back at past editions - you'd have to say that Brazen Beau has to be a huge lay at the current price. Pretty much EVERY Australian trained horse that has gone there from Ascot has regressed many lengths and they all seem to paddle in the last 200m after coming up the hill.

Great win.

Looking at the Aussies who went well (Starspangledbanner, Alverta) it does appear to suit sprinter/milers rather than speed machines. As always though when questioning ones credentials, I have to ask: who then?

Don't think anything that finished behind him in the Diamond Jubilee can turn the tables, King's Stand very low rating to my eye; so that's most of the field out. Muhaarar or no one I don't think - too simplistic? Probably, these Euro's seem to mix their form a bit.

Don't think anything that finished behind him in the Diamond Jubilee can turn the tables, King's Stand very low rating to my eye; so that's most of the field out. Muhaarar or no one I don't think - too simplistic? Probably, these Euro's seem to mix their form a bit.

That's my point. History would actually suggest there are plenty that will be able to turn the tables on him from the Diamond Jubilee given how poor Aussie raiders have performed in the past.

Did anybody hear know that Victoria Pendleton has become a jockey?

Yup - had her first run on the flat the other day. Her aim is to ride in the Foxhunters Steeplechase at Cheltenham next March - good luck!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back