General Bombers Talk More talk of changing the logo. Post your thoughts here.

What should we do with the logo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Letter from the President: Brand research project​

President Dave Barham provides an update on the club's brand research project.
By essendonfc.com.au - 1 hr ago

To all our Fans and Members,

The Essendon Football Club has a proud history as one of the oldest clubs in the AFL and we have a strong recognisable brand.

We are conducting a preliminary research project which centres around the Essendon brand and its elements.

The research project is in its early phase. Members and supporters have been and will continue to be canvassed as part of this process, in addition to the engagement of multiple Essendon Football Club stakeholders.

We have a proud history of more than 150 years and a deep connection to our members and supporters. This is and will always be respected and embraced.

There is no immediate action to change the club logo or any elements of the club brand. This is a longer-term project with significant work to be completed.

We proudly recognise that our future legacy begins with our proud history.

We will always be called the Bombers.

- Dave Barham

changing Essendons Logo, you may aswell de-register Essendon from the League. what a stupid thread to make

I agree the logo shouldn't be changed, but what an utterly stupid post.
who ever thought of " Changing the Logo " Must be on something, whatever it is, i wouldnt mind a sniff of it, maybe he/she is from the Gold Coast

Agree it should be changed. And have the perfect solution.

ess04.jpg

Or something like this :

38612_c66bb8a364adc4a8d8af2a0ffcc3fe60.png

Job's done

Change it to this. Why? Because.

Ibiza_flag.svg

who ever thought of " Changing the Logo " Must be on something, whatever it is, i wouldnt mind a sniff of it, maybe he/she is from the Gold Coast
You do know it's been changed before right? And will be changed again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the one on the Windy Hill gates, so yeah. I'm an advocate for that style of monogram rather than the other.

And yeah, Carlton has a monogram too, and you know what? They've got the best an most enduring logo in the comp as a funny coincidence. I mean, the mere sight of it makes my blood boil - that's a testament to its strength. Especially the laurel version. It's not a funny animated animal that will date in an instant, it's basically been the same thing for nearly a century. We have a historical monogram - use it and stick with it.

It's the one on the Windy Hill gates, so yeah. I'm an advocate for that style of monogram rather than the other.

And yeah, Carlton has a monogram too, and you know what? They've got the best an most enduring logo in the comp as a funny coincidence. I mean, the mere sight of it makes my blood boil - that's a testament to its strength. Especially the laurel version. It's not a funny animated animal that will date in an instant, it's basically been the same thing for nearly a century. We have a historical monogram - use it and stick with it.

Yeah but * Carlton.

Back