Humans

Remove this Banner Ad

stringerbell

Cancelled
Apr 21, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
AKA Utopia Season 3 AKA extended Black Mirror

Based on a Swedish show, just watched the first two episodes and as Dennis Denuto might say "its the vibe". I'm liking it so far

Watched the first three episodes. A little bit Utopia, a little bit Blade Runner. Looking forward to more.

4 eps in and I've really enjoyed this so far; lot's of exploration of sci-fi scenarios and tropes; y'know, AI, what is sentience, what makes us human, all that - but it's done in a really fun way.

The cast is largely very good; Gemma Chan is absolutely stellar as synthetic human Anita (and smoking hot too), William Hurt gives the show some real heart (his character's story arc with Odi/Vera is just about my favourite) and I'm digging Ivanno Jeremiah as synth Max.

Humans is based on the Swedish show Real Humans, or Akta Maniskoor, which despite generally very good reviews seems to be in limbo after 2 seasons; I'll be checking that show out as soon as series 1 of the UK version is done.

Bump: Humans is now viewable on ABC2 on Monday nights at 8:30pm, and on iView.

I haven't seen the Swedish original but definitely will, as I am enjoying this version plenty. I have seen the first 4 episodes (out of 8) and there are great stories unfolding everywhere. There's definitely a creepy undercurrent to the whole show which hasn't diminished a bit.

And it has been remarked upon already, but Gemma Chan - hot damn. Not sure if it's the acting, the green (contact lense) eyes or the body, but wow.

Bumped for season 2.

Anyone reckon Colin Morgan from the show looks like Kit Harrington from GoT?

MV5BMzg1MjcxNDE5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODQwMDAyOTE@._V1_UY317_CR12,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back