VFL Round 12 - Collingwood vs Sandringham at Victoria Park (Pies WON 78-68! Replay post 420, page 17)

Remove this Banner Ad

Truly disgraceful performance from the St Kilda board to refer to us as 'filth'. It has been a horrible weekend for all footy fans and should be about putting petty differences aside.

Squizz - why the need for that thread title?

Truly disgraceful performance from the St Kilda board to refer to us as 'filth'. It has been a horrible weekend for all footy fans and should be about putting petty differences aside.

And they have the nerve to call us bogans/criticise the old days at Vic Park.
I remember what it was like to go to Moronabbin.
Never really understood why they hate us so much, it's not like we have a rivalry.
Then I realised; their only premiership captain is wearing a Collingwood jumper on the dais:)

Never really understood why they hate us so much, it's not like we have a rivalry.
Then I realised; their only premiership captain is wearing a Collingwood jumper on the dais:)

I think perhaps they consider the thread title to be harmless banter. In my opinion though banter involves two-way communication and is light hearted in nature. That is just a flat out insult. When I think about the teams we have a rivalry with, the Saints do not come to mind.

Nothing much to report TD, and no goss Baltimore Jack
I did enjoy having a chat though. It's wonderful to see the patience they show with all the kids lining up to get autographs - half the time not knowing who the player actually is.
I asked him how he felt playing in the wet, thinking he would say he hated it, but he surprised me with his answer.
Loves it! Loves the unpredictability of the play and the rough and toughness of it.
Feels no fear out on the ground (leaves that for his poor Mum)

Comes to most of the VFL games to support all his team mates. Grew up barracking for Richmond but that had no bearing on which club to go to; just really grateful to be at a Melbourne club.
Loves Collingwood, and loving getting a game every week and the consistency of that.
His dad was very friendly too. He had played in the under 19s for Essendon and, of course, taught Jordan everything he knows about football haha:p
You could see they were really close.

Who are you talking about MG?

Daniel Caleb's highlights were impressive for the Dogs last night. Kennedy similar? I heard that Daniel has elite endurance, is this one of the main differences?

I thought so but missed the initial posts. Cheers TRS!

Little known BigFooty feature ...

When somebody is quoted, there's a "Magpire Girl said:" and an 'up arrow' next to it. Click on the 'up arrows' and you can quickly unravel a discussion.

Who really cares what a peasant club like St Kilda calls us anyway

afl2.jpg

Meanwhile,
418136-nick-riewoldt.jpg

Shows the Real Character of that Club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and They had Poster putting up Picture Bragging of getting Pissed at Vic Park - Pathetic

Just read the complete StKilda thread. Laughing my head off, a lot of very very sad people with some serious issues over there. Those are the kind of people I love to see their faces when I say ( in my Dutch accent ) I am barracking for the Pies.
Do they actually know we think they are irrelevant?

Little known BigFooty feature ...

When somebody is quoted, there's a "Magpire Girl said:" and an 'up arrow' next to it. Click on the 'up arrows' and you can quickly unravel a discussion.
that's what that arrows for!:p
thanks 76

Was at the game yesterday! I'm hearing freeman is not coming back anytime soon. Still having issues. Reid won't be back for a couple of weeks either. Worse then first thought.

Don't shoot the messenger just passing on what I've heard

Was at the game yesterday! I'm hearing freeman is not coming back anytime soon. Still having issues. Reid won't be back for a couple of weeks either. Worse then first thought.

And Davoren still has a job! Laughable if it wasn't so disastrous for our Club.

Surprise, surprise on both counts really! Worse than first thought or than we were told? The saga continues.

But it's just a kick to the calf. Balmy told me so.

Don't want to sound too negative but Greenwood is quickly tracking towards disappointing recruit territory.

Harsh

IIRC, Greenwood copped an injury that ...

- led to Oxley being out injured for nearly all of last year

- led Maxwell to retire

- led Daisy to be out of the side for most of an 18 month period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back