How does not having a game Sunday affect us?

Remove this Banner Ad

GTOA

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Firstly, Vale Phillip Walsh. R.I.P.

Secondly, do you feel it was the right decision to abandon the game Sunday, and award each team two points each?

Also, how does this, and the extra week's rest affect us? Will it freshen us up, or make us struggle more?

IT was indeed the correct decision to cancel the game…..kudos to the cats for supporting the decision.

As for what effect the lay off will have….well…we shall see. I have no idea if its a help or a hinderance.

Well the obvious one is that it rules out percentage for ladder positions for the rest of the year except against the crows, the 2 points could come in handy for scraping into 8th.

As far as whether the extra week is beneficial or not, we will find out in our next game!

Those that played VFL in atrocious conditions have had a run and will be much ore comfortable at Etihad next week.
Those with little niggles- Selwood, Lang , Murdoch, and probably 12 others, will be fresher.
Who really knows?
How does having any game affect us the week after?
This year - a real mixed bag anyway.
Still numbed by the reason we are not playing.

Oh please don't mention premiership points or some serious smack time will be laid down.
Unhelpful Seeds. You don't have the benefit of seeing all that was cleaned out when you say that. You best leave it there.

Three weeks with no footy won't hurt those who were carrying a niggle or two as has been mentioned, the concern is more touch and I wouldn't be surprised if our boys timing isn't a little off in this game especially early,I expect North might get off to a flyer on the back of that and we will chase tail all game.

I don't think it'll make too much difference to be honest. They're professionals. An extra week off if anything should be helpful. In terms of the players' bodies (and only in that context), it's an extra bye. My guess is they'll be fine.

I don't think it'll make too much difference to be honest. They're professionals. An extra week off if anything should be helpful. In terms of the players' bodies (and only in that context), it's an extra bye. My guess is they'll be fine.
Recent history shows that we play so well after a bye ....not.... :rolleyes: so perhaps changing things up a little might be to our advantage.

Unfortunately for us, North played their shocker this weekend. We could pray for them to do it twice in a row but I don't like our chances for that to happen.

Could work two ways:

- North could get off to a flier and we may struggle to reel them in;

- It could be close in the last quarter and our 'fresh' players could help us run over them.

Certainly our players carrying niggles will benefit from two weeks off. Hopefully it equates to a vintage Selwood performance on Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three weeks with no footy won't hurt those who were carrying a niggle or two as has been mentioned, the concern is more touch and I wouldn't be surprised if our boys timing isn't a little off in this game especially early,I expect North might get off to a flyer on the back of that and we will chase tail all game.

I'm tempted to think it's been four weeks...

It's the correct decision to split points.
I think we will be rusty some young players miss experience of a tough contest v Adelaide but could help in the run home.

Both positives/negatives. It's a bad weekend for football people but Walshy will have left the competition with a fantastic legacy and through death has created strength throughout the whole comp.

Given the crap North dished up yesterday I don't think we can just assume they will get off to a flier.

I agree with Partridge though, they are professionals... it shouldn't matter

Given the crap North dished up yesterday I don't think we can just assume they will get off to a flier.

I agree with Partridge though, they are professionals... it shouldn't matter

They were humiliated yesterday and will likely cop a nice media pounding all through this week. They will be up for it at least early in the game. If we're a bit off because of the extra break, they could really jump us.

Last time we made Tarrant look like a star.

hopefully we lower the eyes with better delivery this time.

Go Catters

umm has anyone mentioned the implications for Brownlow votes or Coleman medal (I think Betts and Tex were in the top 11) or did I miss the memo on how they were being split?

umm has anyone mentioned the implications for Brownlow votes or Coleman medal (I think Betts and Tex were in the top 11) or did I miss the memo on how they were being split?
No.

I doubt Crows players give a crap about those awards right now and no Geelong player is a chance of either so it doesn't matter.

I'm slightly more moody and irritable without the footy.

As far as the team, it doesn't matter we are an average team not competing for the flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back