What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not consistent enough to be dynamic. I should have been more clear so you wouldn't nit pick.

The label of "dynamic" should be used on someone who deserves it. To me Jake Stringer doesn't deserve it yet. Dynamic mark! So what? You missed the simple set shot! The opposition gets through the press for a goal. Well that sucked!

I am not nit picking, you are simply wrong full stop. I don't think there are many more dynamic forwards than Stringer in the league.

Consistent has nothing to do with being dynamic.

Don't have a link cos I'm on my phone, but there's a video on the AFL site called "a stoppage with Jordan Roughead". Just a few questions that he answers, a different look but in it he says he's a ruckman.

Tory "Tinder" Dickson HAHAHAHA

I am not nit picking, you are simply wrong full stop. I don't think there are many more dynamic forwards than Stringer in the league.

Consistent has nothing to do with being dynamic.
Yeah I would have thought Jake is the definition of dynamic. True it's not good that he is not consistent though!

He's not consistent enough to be dynamic. I should have been more clear so you wouldn't nit pick.

The label of "dynamic" should be used on someone who deserves it. To me Jake Stringer doesn't deserve it yet. Dynamic mark! So what? You missed the simple set shot! The opposition gets through the press for a goal. Well that sucked!
I don't think you understand what dynamic means.

Shush! Don't let logic get in the way of a doggies supporter with a chip on their shoulder!

I think that's unfair, I didn't claim that what Maclure was saying was untrue. It was the way he said it without thinking and without anything to back his claims. It may well be true but he just said it to be derogatory towards the dogs after King had done a nice little pump up piece on our 'unknown' defenders. When King quizzed him further on what he meant he didn't have anything to say, he literally didn't know.

Edit: And further, what the eff does dynamic in the context of football even mean?

Dynamic:
  1. (of a process or system) characterized by constant change, activity, or progress.
  2. (of a person) positive in attitude and full of energy and new ideas.

While our talls probably arent quite there yet Id say they are well on their way to being a very dynamic bunch. Hamling can play small, tall, takes intercept marks or defends well in one on ones, also offers a bit of rebound and uses the ball well. Hes about as dynamic as you can get in a key defender. Fletch isnt far behind and can also go forward. Rough is pretty much classified as a tall utility, thats dynamic. Stringer is one of the most dynamic forwards in the league, also spends time in the middle and behind the ball on occasions. And Boyd isnt dynamic yet but even he gets up and down the ground and will be quite flexible when he builds a tank (and supposedly Maclure wasnt talking about Boyd anyway). Talia and Minno well ill give him those two.

If anyone is an expert on NOT being dynamic it is McClure.

For all the younger brigade out there they didn't see McClure play , he was a good player , that mostly played in great teams . Looking and listening to him now you would think he was this tough hard nut that would go all day !
Erh , not really !

For all the younger brigade out there they didn't see McClure play , he was a good player , that mostly played in great teams . Looking and listening to him now you would think he was this tough hard nut that would go all day !
Erh , not really !

He was a good solid player no doubt. More tractor than Ferrari IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Maclure was a pretty decent forward .
Modern type forward in the way he played, as he was a good hit up forward . Played in some great teams, but went a season or two to long.
Very opinionated ( sometimes a good thing)
Was bit of a party boy ( as all blues players were)

In his defense (I think?), Hird is a pathological liar. :p
60185780.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back