Dons v Saints - ES 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

This is probably the nail in the coffin for Hird. I think the 3-year Hird saga at Essendon is now over.

Coaches in the past without the drug saga have been sacked solely because of a performance like today. I honestly can't see him survive this

If I were Essendon there is no way I'd sack him. Hird has created every bit of this mess. He wanted to the lead the ship. He insisted on staying this far. I'd make him stand there until it sinks.

There is nothing to gain by sacking him anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I were Essendon there is no way I'd sack him. Hird has created every bit of this mess. He wanted to the lead the ship. He insisted on staying this far. I'd make him stand there until it sinks.

At least keep him as coach until the pies play them in round 23

Both have a mix of youth and aging stars. You can't tell me the Saints are considered an experienced team. They are on the re-build big time.

Well, based on today's fielded teams, St Kilda was slightly older and slightly more experienced in terms of games played, and both clubs had the same number of players with less than 50 games out there. It was pretty much the oldest team that the Saints could field, with all 10 older players on their list that remain from the Ross Lyon GF era (Sam Fisher, Nick Riewoldt, Leigh Montagna, Sean Dempster, Adam Schneider, Farren Ray, Sam Gilbert, David Armitage, Jarryn Geary, Jack Steven) out there today.

And make the club sink with him? No way. If I was Essendon, I would remove him immediately, kinda like what Carlton did with Malthouse, and then start playing the kids under the caretaker coach. What is there to lose if you get spanked by kids to the tune of 110? May as well play the kids yourself as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back