MLB Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone from experience know how difficult it would be to get post-season tickets to a ball game? Going to the USA end of September/start of October, unfortunately right when the playoffs are starting up. If there's a chance of a game being on while I'm in a major city I wouldn't mind being able to take the missus to a ball game while we are there, but I can imagine it would be either impossible, expensive or both.
Depends on the city.

I had a chance at the Braves when I was in the states but they lost the series before I got to Atlanta, but that would've been doable.
If you were to look at the sides currently in the play offs/wild card positions, I imagine dodgers may be possible (big stadium), but tough. Cubs would be very expensive and high demand, given lack of recent (or not so recent) success. Cardinals sell out all the time, would be hard. Maybe Nationals and Pirates would be easier.

Rays you might not have a problem, Royals seem pretty excited at present. Whoever gets in the AL West though you may have a chance.

tl;dr I don't really know

Does anyone from experience know how difficult it would be to get post-season tickets to a ball game? Going to the USA end of September/start of October, unfortunately right when the playoffs are starting up. If there's a chance of a game being on while I'm in a major city I wouldn't mind being able to take the missus to a ball game while we are there, but I can imagine it would be either impossible, expensive or both.

You could get a ticket to just about any game but some teams may get a bit more pricey. Stubhub is the way to go and there will be tickets available. I know i could get a ticket to NBA playoffs game 6 to see San Antonio and it wasnt too pricey but missed it by a day.

Jose-Fernandez.jpg

Jose is back!

Back in the second wildcard arent we? 1.5 ahead of San fran, 1.5 behind Pittsburgh?

Cards just dropped three straight I think, which is nice. I don't really think we'd do much if we go to the business end of the season this year (would be good for our youngsters though), but i'd heaps rather the Pirates above us caught th Cardinals and went well rather than most other NL teams.

Back in the second wildcard arent we? 1.5 ahead of San fran, 1.5 behind Pittsburgh?

Cards just dropped three straight I think, which is nice. I don't really think we'd do much if we go to the business end of the season this year (would be good for our youngsters though), but i'd heaps rather the Pirates above us caught th Cardinals and went well rather than most other NL teams.

Im thrilled at the rapid rise of the young Cubs, but i agree, this won't be the year for a serious tilt, so I actually hope Theo doesn't feel compelled to trade off the prized assests in our farm system for a few months of rent, and concerntrates on some FA pitching in the offseason instead.

Patrick Corbin returned today, first appearance since I was supposed to be watching him open season 2014 in Sydney :(

Bright side is a 3 game win streak and a 12th shot at reaching .500 tomorrow (0-11 from our last 11 attempts...:cool:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patrick Corbin returned today, first appearance since I was supposed to be watching him open season 2014 in Sydney :(

Bright side is a 3 game win streak and a 12th shot at reaching .500 tomorrow (0-11 from our last 11 attempts...:cool:)
I'm backing the Rockies tomorrow then! ;)

Im thrilled at the rapid rise of the young Cubs, but i agree, this won't be the year for a serious tilt, so I actually hope Theo doesn't feel compelled to trade off the prized assests in our farm system for a few months of rent, and concerntrates on some FA pitching in the offseason instead.
That;s how I feel. We're a good shot at making the WC game as it is, and with our front three pretty damn good (Arrieta and Hammel on performance and Lester certainly has had alot of good starts, despite the odd ordinary one) we're capable of a shock result in the post season,
Bomber Bears Big Unit 30 see Kris Bryants Grand Slam? :$
Not a bad first two innings, two bombs the first one especially).

almost halfway and 44-36 is pretty good. Again at a point where we'd be half a game out in a different division, 8.5 games out of first in the central.

We seem to be pretty good against the teams we should be beating, and we did well against the Nats but we're still a ways off. Agree with big unit above, i'd be happy to hold onto the best prospects this season, unless a good deal comes up for someone controlled for a few years.

Our second tier prospects are high quality as well though, so there are certainly options in dealing players. Guys like Vogelbach and McKinney could net a good return.

That;s how I feel. We're a good shot at making the WC game as it is, and with our front three pretty damn good (Arrieta and Hammel on performance and Lester certainly has had alot of good starts, despite the odd ordinary one) we're capable of a shock result in the post season,
Not a bad first two innings, two bombs the first one especially).

almost halfway and 44-36 is pretty good. Again at a point where we'd be half a game out in a different division, 8.5 games out of first in the central.

We seem to be pretty good against the teams we should be beating, and we did well against the Nats but we're still a ways off. Agree with big unit above, i'd be happy to hold onto the best prospects this season, unless a good deal comes up for someone controlled for a few years.

Our second tier prospects are high quality as well though, so there are certainly options in dealing players. Guys like Vogelbach and McKinney could net a good return.

Vogelbach would appear destined to only ever be a DH, so its odds on he will be traded to the AL in the future.

Rizzo and Brynt got in, which is nice. Arrieta wouldn't have been out of place either.

Don't really care about the game itself though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back