Injury Rhys Stanley - news post-foot surgery

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannot believe we have another serious injury and another ruck injury. We are seriously suffering way too many injuries over the past 3 seasons.

Just screws our seasons these injuries we just do not have the experience or the players to cover so many losses.

I just hope we get a good run in 2016.

Cannot believe we have another serious injury and another ruck injury. We are seriously suffering way too many injuries over the past 3 seasons.

Just screws our seasons these injuries we just do not have the experience or the players to cover so many losses.

I just hope we get a good run in 2016.

Starting to take on the proportions of the Curse of the Bambino . Perhaps Curse of the Menzino and it will only be removed when he gets back and plays a game of AFL without injury.

What are peoples thoughts on this trade?

I think we got ripped massively as he always broke down when he played ruck for St Kilda. He limped through the last 2 seasons there. On top of that he only played 1 good game every year.

I think we got ripped massively as he always broke down when he played ruck for St Kilda. He limped through the last 2 seasons there. On top of that he only played 1 good game every year.

Give the whinging a rest.
We get it,you hate Stanley. :rolleyes:

Hard to say - too early to call. If you had information that he was going to break his foot then I doubt you'd be posting here as you'd have mande million on betting on that in advance.

Will wait and see how he comes back.

But it, as you say, massively unfortunate.

GO Catters

I was the same as Blease - hadn't seen much if anything of him at his previous club, so had no idea what to expect.

I'd say he can clearly play. The injury came at the worse time but he looks like he could be a good acquisition. It makes the merry-go-round between our prospective rucks and key forwards even more interesting, but that shouldn't affect our judgements on Stanley. He's been a pleasant surprise.

Give the whinging a rest.
We get it,you hate Stanley. :rolleyes:
He hates everything.. including smiles, laughter, unicorns and happiness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stanley played 19 games in 2014, and 18 games in 2013…

Every year improving….most Saints fans were sorry to see him go…and he showed how valuable he can be for us before his injury…and he's 24…and we know big guys take longer..

A good investment for the future.

Then I feel you lack a grasp of what is value in a trade. Ripped massively? You may have made a reasonable case we paid overs at trade time ,most would have agreed with that, then the way played and the form he showed had most seeing that the price was fair , perhaps even cheap.
In truth , no one really knows for some time years even when trades are made. Why not wait a while before bringing down the hammer.

Then I feel you lack a grasp of what is value in a trade. Ripped massively? You may have made a reasonable case we paid overs at trade time ,most would have agreed with that, then the way played and the form he showed had most seeing that the price was fair , perhaps even cheap.
In truth , no one really knows for some time years even when trades are made. Why not wait a while before bringing down the hammer.

On your last sentence, have you not seen him post previously?

We traded christenson for stanley, other clubs are laughing at us right now. Stanley has played 2 good games in his whole career. gets injured everytime he rucks, why do you think he barely rucked at st kilda. He will provide as much value as mcintosh has

We traded christenson for stanley, other clubs are laughing at us right now. Stanley has played 2 good games in his whole career. gets injured everytime he rucks, why do you think he barely rucked at st kilda. He will provide as much value as mcintosh has

Which clubs….evidence please?…links?…quotes?

I didn't think so. :rolleyes:

Awesome trade. Bundy wanted to go, we couldn't keep him. Stanley's gonna be an awesome player. A player who's 2m tall, won a grand final sprint and is an elite kick.
I don't care if he's injured right now, we aren't gonna make the top 4 anyway. He's going to be a game changing player for us in years to come. We have to take a few punts and do a few different things if we're going to compete with Gws,etc in the years to come. I think this is one of the trades the clubs got right.

Wrong.

Christensen pissed off because of his bad off field habits,so WTF was the club suppose to do ?
and you are so full of crap saying "other clubs are laughing at us"
Dopey troll :rolleyes:

Actually bundy was leaving no matter what and we managed to get stanley and cunico out of the deal.
Stanley showed great improvement as first ruck and with a free run at it could be a great get and cunico has also shown a lot for a skinny 18yr old.
I'll go the other way and say in 5 years time I'm happy to have a punt and say we will be saying we got the better deal

Actually bundy was leaving no matter what and we managed to get stanley and cunico out of the deal.
Stanley showed great improvement as first ruck and with a free run at it could be a great get and cunico has also shown a lot for a skinny 18yr old.
I'll go the other way and say in 5 years time I'm happy to have a punt and say we will be saying we got the better deal
Yeah I forgot Cupido. The first few VFL games I saw him in I saw a s**t load of potential. He's form was really underrated in some of those games IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back