News Phil Walsh RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all,

Words cannot describe how we have all felt this weekend trying to understand how this tragedy has unfolded. I find that reflection, thinking about the good times with Phil and your club together can help with the grieving process. Stay strong, we're all thinking of the Adelaide Crows and the family of Phil Walsh.

I should have been an opposition fan today at Adelaide Oval as a Geelong fan, but that has been the furthest thing from my mind today. Instead I have spent the day putting together my own tribute to Phil (see below) which was hard when thinking about the scenes that have filtered through from the Adelaide Oval today.

#weflyasone

View attachment 149548
I know that Specious Argument has asked already, but with your permission I would like to use this image for my avatar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tumblr_nr0en444SP1sh5ux2o6_1280.jpg

127.gif

Hi guys.

I just wanted to say that while our club's respective supporter bases' relationship has been strained in recent times, the relationship between the respective clubs themselves couldn't be stronger. I'm not going to suggest for a second that any of the other 16 clubs would have handled the situation any different to my own club's handling of it, but it was humbling to see two clubs and the AFL handle the situation with such humility. It's unfortunate that it takes a situation like this to restore one's faith in humanity.

For just one weekend, human empathy and compassion was triumphant over everything else. Football is just a game and can be played any other weekend of the season. Money is just something that can be recouped creatively at a later stage. But paying tribute to a wonderful man under such tragic circumstances is an unfortunate opportunity which comes but once in a lifetime. As far as I'm concerned, to share the points with Adelaide this weekend is an absolute honour.

R.I.P Philip Walsh.

In an an ironic twist, this is the closest I have felt to the club in a long time.

My emotional state over the lst few days has surprised me and this tragic event has shown me just how much I really do love the AFC.

The Phil Walsh legacy is the start of a new era. We will bounce back from this twice as strong, both on, and especially off the field.

I think Alan Richardson is of a similar ilk; you can see it how he talks and presents himself, and the impact he's already had on the Saints. It's a sheer force of will, intensity and discipline thing.

But you're right, I don't think there are too many out there like him.
You can easily see how port have been affected losing both Alan and Phil.

I just cannot see this generation of Crows overcoming this in a football sense. There's not another Phil Walsh out there.

Don't worry, we'll bounce back we always do. This will galvanise the club and supporterbase and we will do great things in the future, although, unfortunately, it will not be with Phil at the helm. I have confidence in Fagan, Roo and the supporterbase.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back