Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Walker & Kersten are dud players been given enough game time & results have been poor
20 games each. That's a long list of Norm Smith, Brownlow, and triple Premiership players you would have cut under the same metrics.

Good move..o_O

GO Catters

So was Varcoe going to hold down CHF and Ruck?.....because that's what we needed, not another short arse, besides his form was poor and was for years.

Varcoe was coming back from injury and his best form was at the end of the year, no surprise he has done better this year

why don't we get more rucks then?

give up one of the few players in our team who can hit a target for an old guy who is physically and mentally broken, I didn't mind getting Clark but we paid overs for him

Only one inherited a fantastic team already pre-built for him.

Only one then still changed the game plan around a bit, earned the trust of the entire playing group which included many future hall of famers & managed players throughout the season so that they would be feeling a bit fresher for the finals which we then won the Premiership.

Walker & Kersten are dud players been given enough game time & results have been poor
Walker is a bit of a dud I agree, but Kersten will be great in 30 to 50 games time he's clean has great skills and sacrifices his game so that others can score. Kersten is extremely underrated on this board nobody pays attention to the one percenters he does or the little moments of brilliance like this for example.

Walker is a bit of a dud I agree, but Kersten will be great in 30 to 50 games time he's clean has great skills and sacrifices his game so that others can score. Kersten is extremely underrated on this board nobody pays attention to the one percenters he does or the little moments of brilliance like this for example.
How do capture clips like that Blighty?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not so sure about that BC. I'd say he's rated by most pretty appropriately - he's clearly talented; but also needs to do a little more. He's started popping up for 1-2 goals a game which is encouraging, but it'll be interesting to see what position he becomes best suited to. He's certainly not out of favour with Scott so he's going to get opportunities. I'd say he's treated reasonably around here.

Mitch was always going to need 12 months to get back .

We were also near worst in the league in inside 50's when he was leading our goal kicking

The biggest worry is that he and Hawkins are so similar in position

He'll be handy don't worry. Shown enough. Hope hes back in the next two weeks

Only underrated owing to the fact he often gets so little of the ball which does mean an awful lot. I think he needs the inclusion of Clarke so he can play the flanks as he did in that piece.
Emphatic climax by the little bloke who drilled it, we need more of that by Shane.

lol that was like 2 of his 5 possessions in an eight goal win. how anyone can put that up to support him him is ridiculous. even mark Blake had plays like that.

even mark Blake had plays like that.
Um no he didn't. It was Kersten's 11th game of footy that night - Kersten in that bit of play had enough sense not to take the first option which was a two on one forward and instead tried to create the overlap by handballing backwards and receiving it again, he then had his handball half blocked by the Collingwood defender who did well but Kersten then followed it up and at pace did a pure one hand pick up and handball in one action to release Gregson while taking three Collingwood players with him. In this one bit of play he showed more skill and better decision making than I've ever seen Walker do.

Last edited:
Not so sure about that BC. I'd say he's rated by most pretty appropriately - he's clearly talented; but also needs to do a little more. He's started popping up for 1-2 goals a game which is encouraging, but it'll be interesting to see what position he becomes best suited to. He's certainly not out of favour with Scott so he's going to get opportunities. I'd say he's treated reasonably around here.
Yeah you're right probably should have said underrated by some on this board.

Um no he didn't. It was Kersten's 11th game of footy that night - Kersten in that bit of play had enough sense not to take the first option which was a two on one forward and instead tried to create the overlap by handballing backwards and receiving it again, he then had his handball half blocked by the Collingwood defender who did well but Kersten then followed it up and at pace did a pure one hand pick up and handball in one action to release Gregson while taking three Collingwood players with him. In this one bit of play he showed more skill and better decision making than I've ever seen Walker do.
He's simply not doing enough at present. With anywhere between 1-5 players set to come in against NM if he gets dropped to the reserves he has no one to blame but himself by not producing to the point where he's at present undroppable.

Now I like Shane as a player but it's getting hard to justify his position in the 22 at the minute.

Now I like Shane as a player but it's getting hard to justify his position in the 22 at the minute.
He's scored as many goals as Hawkins the last two games! How's his spot in the team hard to justify? You crack me up NSFB....really no idea.

I think Kersten will benefit from the presence of Clark more than Walker currently as Clark is more of a focus defensively. Walker can keep building to become that.

Shane needs to do more - but its coming along slowly as well. The criticism has been not effecting the score board enough. He has been doing that so now its moved to possessions. Im sure they will come up and it will move to something else. Its the cross the younguns must bare….
Still, a little more from each category would keep the louder ones quieter…..

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back